cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor CanUHelp
New Contributor

trouble validating prepaid SIM number, Err Msg: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

I got a few $10 prepaid sims from 7Eleven, and I try to activate these sim cards online, and they all have error message as shown below:

"We are having trouble validating the SIM number, please try again or try using another SIM card. Reference: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008" . I suspect the sim card serial number database may have some issues to be rectified by IT .

These sims are brand new and expiry date is 01 Jul 2018

Thanks.

0 Kudos
34 Replies
Moderator Vicky

Re: trouble validating prepaid SIM number, Err Msg: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

Hi @CanUHelp sorry about the late reply. Since this post have you had a chance to chat to someone who was able to look into this for you? If you're still needing a hand with activating this SIM card, can I get you to send us a PM with your full name, DOB, mobile number on the SIM card and the serial number so we can try activating it from our end?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor RobRan
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I was wondering if this was ever sorted, as I'm currently having this same problem and would like to know how I can activate my SIM. I have a young daughter and can't spend ages sitting on the phone to customer service trying to activate, I rely on the convenience of online activation. I look forward to hearing from someone.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Be The Change You Wish To See In The World
0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @RobRan, what error code are you getting? 

Occasional Contributor

Hi Steve,

My apologies on the delay in replying - I have to be connected via WiFi to do anything at the moment.

I'm getting this same PPACT-SIMVAL-0008 error, preceded by a 'we are having trouble verifying this SIM number, pls try again or try another SIM card' type msg (I say 'type msg' as its not word-for-word - I didn't copy/paste it, I'm just quoting from memory).

Its a brand new SIM, purchased from Coles abt 2mths ago if I remember correctly and has a Feb 2018 expiry

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, Scott! Im not so sure abt my memory anymore..lol! 😳

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Thanks so much for sending that through. Can you please PM us the SIM card number?

Occasional Contributor

Hi Casey (got the name right this time, off to a great start!),

SIM number has been PM'd to you. I'm abt to attempt activation again (I tried early in the day yesterday but had no luck) and will let you know how I go.

Thank you guys for attempting to sort this, it's much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I just tried activating again but with the same result - 

IMG_3611.JPG

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, I'm replicating the same error on my end. It's definitely a little odd especially considering the expiry date. As a possible work around, would it be possible for you to go out an purchase a $2 prepaid SIM card (preferably from an Optus store just incase). We could then go ahead and apply a $30 prepaid account adjustment from our end and get you up and running. I know it's not the most ideal situation but there's clearly something preventing us from being able to activate this SIM for you. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors