cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor debltt
New Contributor

text message to contest entries

I was trying to text my name for the Sunrise Cash Cow competition.  After texting my details, I got the following message:  FREEMsg: Your purchase failed due to an error in processing your purchase.

I don't think this is an error in my setting as I have not changing anything. These messages only started happening a week ago.

I tried the Optus number but it is so busy that I was not even put in a queue.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: text message to contest entries

Optus has recently started blocking these Premium SMS services as by enlarge they are just scams.

Its not really clear exactly what has been blocked but you should check your Premium SMS limit has been set higher than $0 (If you want to enter these sorts of competitions).

In general Optus might now require you to pay for these transactions via some other method than the Optus Bill. It possible Sunrise attempted to dock the fee in the usual way and it was refused automatically.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor debltt
New Contributor

Thank you for your response. What I am unable to discover is how I can enable these third party texts. I am happy to pay but cannot find this option on the Optus site and cannot get through on the phone.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Check Under your MYACCOUNT. I think there's a premum SMS settings in there. 

Alternatively try LIVECHAT (if its now working) and that's usually faster. 

Otherwise waiting on the phone is your only option.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

I find the easiest way is using the My Optus app.

Then click on service>service settings>notifications>third party content.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor debltt
New Contributor

Thanks very much for your help, Peter.  Through the app I am able to get to the service settings as suggested.  However, I am blocked from making changes to the third party content.  I get a message "System Unable".  The system is not unavailable for changes to any of the other settings in the service settings menu.  The help line is so busy I don't even get put in a queue!!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors