cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Daviducsd
New Contributor

switch from Long exp prepaid to ultimate

Hi, I want to switch from Long exp prepaid to the ultimate plan. What happen with my current credit I still have? I read somewhere that it will be transfered to the new plan, so do you think it will be clear out after 30 days when I suppose to recharge for a new month? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: switch from Long exp prepaid to ultimate

Hi

I think you lose your credit when you change on prepaid so would be best to use up your credit on long expiry and then swap to ultimate.

If I am wrong about your credit someone will soon add to this post.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Daviducsd
New Contributor

Thank you very much Dave.

I still have a lot and need to switch asap. I tried Me2U but it limited only $10 within 1 month. Any idea for that credit?

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

I presume you want to keep the same number otherwise you could get a new sim and keep the old one to use for calls as and when. Otherwise I think there is not much you can do.

Give it a few hours and see if another member comes up with a solution.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Out of curiosity why the need to swap ASAP?  I agree with @Davelew that you'll lose the credit in the process and presumably it would be better to run down any existing credit before paying for something essentially the same?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors