Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: stolen phone in thailand

@Ray_YC

That's what I like about the forum format. Every one can add to the conversation and the OP is free to skip over and choose the answers that best suit their needs and temperament. 

I'm probably a bit unusual in the Optus forums as I see it as more than just a one off question and answer session between two third parties. I know Optus invests considerable resources into providing the forum and I hope they value in distilling new products and services etc. from it (good to hear posts are often sent deeper into the Optus bowels Smiley Happy). 

For me posts like this offer a chance to try focus Optus Inc on fixing more than just the immeadiate issue at hand. Its been many hours and still the OP has not been able to resolve their problem. Its a reasonably common situation that travellers (and locals) can find themselves in and the outcome of having a customer stranded somewhere with limited recourse and potentially $1000's in charges that Optus will insist is paid to them is (IMO) not good.

Obviously Optus processes have not handled this situation well and and a specific, real customer experience is hopefully a better catalyst for review than just a random editorial post elsewhere. But I do agree my post was singularly unhelpful to the OP on this occassion and I do usually try mix some real help with the editorials Smiley Happy In my defense I thought @Yeldarb had pretty much covered the only viable option before (Kudos coming your way @Yeldarb)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: stolen phone in thailand

I agree 100% with what you have written Peter but also agree with Ray that there is a time and place to express our own opinion as we have both done on numerous occasions by starting our own thread. Smiley Happy I actually very much enjoy getting involved with spirited debate on all aspects of Optus and I'm looking forward to the next post you make.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors