Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
peterwa1
New Contributor
New Contributor

stolen phone in thailand

I have tried phoning from Thailand to report my OPTUS phone being stolenbut ALL money on my THAI sim has twice expired hanging on...My phone number was *hidden*..Please help     peter *hidden* date birth xx/x/xxxx  address in Australia  *hidden*

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: stolen phone in thailand

It's dangerous to post all your personal information on a public forum Peter and I would suggest you edit your post and remove it all. The live chat on the link below may be an option to contact support if you can't get through on the phone.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/lost-stolen-or-found-your-mobile-device?requestType=Nor...

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Optus , as the nations second biggest Telco your really should be taking fraud and theft of these devices much more seriously.

Its not good enough that people have to spend hours and often days to get through to meaningful support.

Mobile phones are now central to most people's entire online security. They are also often worth thousands. The fraud potential or even just someone making expensive use of data or overseas calls can expose customers to $1000's.

Please consider creating an independent worldwide freecall number, manned 24/7. This could enable people to immeadiately report thefts etc. shutdown connectivity and perhaps even kick of the process to replace the phone for some customers ($$$)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks Yeldarb. @peterwa1 I have hidden your personal details. If you still need a hand after Yeldarb's advice, please send me a private message and I'll be happy to assist further.

Surprised you don't know that service has existed for a very long time @petergdownloadhttps://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/international-roaming

You can call us for technical support enquiries anytme on +61 2 8082 5678 (free call from your Optus mobile while overseas).

It's a 24/7 number and the team will assist with lost/stolen phone enquiries Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Ray_YC,

I was aware of the number (and its a great service) but suffers from two major failings:

1) Its only free from an Optus phone, which isn't very helpful for people that have lost/stolen their phone. Can't Optus spring for the call charges to their help line?

2) Its only for customers overseas. Optus (and all Telcos IMO) need to have a dedicated fraud / missing phone unit that is able to quickly secure accounts 24/7 for all its customers. If nothing else it could help many very stressed customers get a handle on a bad experience.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Your feedback has been taken onboard, Peter.

My point was I'm sure the Peter with the stolen phone, particularly in his situation, was more after assistance rather than an opinion this time. As you said it's a great service so would love to see you offer it as a solution next time Smiley Happy It can still be dialed in the absence of an Optus phone. Cheers!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
peterwa1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks mate...Its so difficult to report a stolen phone which is traumatic enough

0 Kudos
peterwa1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks PG   couldnt agree more

0 Kudos
peterwa1
New Contributor
New Contributor

thanks mate   still trying to contact OPTUS

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The live chat is always a good option if you are overseas. Hope you get it sorted. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors