Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
OFFshore
New Contributor
New Contributor

spam texts

How do i stop spam texts? I block the number(s) each time but  still they keep coming ..

6 Replies
Donna247
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: spam texts

I'm having the same problem...I block them and another message arrives on a new number.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hm, I've received something similar in the past.

Interestingly, according to Google, "The .su domain name is a ccTLD (country code top-level domain) and the Internet code for Soviet Union, used for some post sovient union countries"

It's definitely a scam. What sort of number are they being sent from?

What to do if you receive scam text messages to an Optus Mobile service. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Troz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is insane. I'm also getting these messages. If you type "Christina Morrow shared an album with you" into google, you'll see the scam started recently. 

Blocking the number is pointless as each message is from a different phone number and i've been getting multiple a day since 2 December. I've so far had and blocked 15 different numbers in the past 2.5 days. 

From what I read if you click the link it infects your phone and spams the rest of your phones contacts too. I.e. it is a virus. 

Surely Optus need to be proactive on this and prevent this from spreading on their network?

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Our FraudWatch team has actually pick this one up.

We've confirmed that the malicious SMS is not specifically targeting Optus customers.

We're now in the process of having the URL in the SMS removed.

Customers that do click on the link won't have any personal information comprised. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Leighsa
New Contributor
New Contributor

I too, am receiving these annoying texts. Luckily I have Micro tend security that picks up it is a virus. I am receiving these texts up to 5 times a day most days. It’s driving me crazy. 

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Please view this thread containing the Accepted Solution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos