Searching...

Mobile

sim not provisioned

Ahmed_1208

Hi

I ordered Samsung S9, optus ported my no from different provider prior me receiving the phone which made my number inactive. I received the phone and the SIM next day with express delivery. I tried to activate the new SIM but could not and had to chat with optus to do it. The SIM still show SIM not provisioned and cannot access the no. Optus said in about 48hrs. Any idea ?

Ahmed Abdoh

Re: sim not provisioned

drepcetera

You need to keep hassling them by phone (they never call back as promised to provide updates so you need to keep calling back).  I am going through a similar problem.  I was tald 1 day and now I am up to my 9th day. 

It's total crap.  I can;t actually help you, but I hope you have better luck than me.

Dan_C

@Ahmed_1208

Have we raised an IT case for this one? It sounds like the number has been caught in limbo between the losing provider and Optus. 

Have you tried using the old SIM in your S9? I just want to make sure that the port has actually been submitted correctly.

You're welcome to send us a private message. I need your full name, DOB and account number. 

We'll check how this one is progressing. If there's anything I can do to complete the port-in process, I'll do that for you. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

CarolineA

Hi,

I have the same 'SIM NOT PROVISIONED' issue as well when I inserted the new sim card. Apparently there was some form of rejection for porting the number over from Vodafone. Support said he has submit a ticket for this to be solved as it shouldnt be an issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon =(

Dan_C

@CarolineA, we've had a number of siilar enquiries come through this afternoon. We did have issue - 19118430. The ticket has since been closed as resolved.

It looks as though there might be a few orders that require manual interventation. Can you send us a private message? I need your full name, DOB and mobile number.

We'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ahmed_1208

Hi

It took me 16 days to get it fixed. I had to port my number back to the old provider so optus can port it back again. 

After 7 days with my number disconnected, I had no option but to lodge a complaint with telecommunication ombudsmon and then it was resolved but still took 16 days

Dan_C was a great help

Ahmed Abdoh
Highlighted

CarolineA

Hi,

I have personally messaged youSmiley Happy any updates on the progress?

Ahmed_1208

Hi

As per previous message, I got it working now after optus was forced to address the issue after complaint to ombudsman. But technically they could not do it unless I ported my number back to previous provider as optus ported my number early before I receive my phone causing my number to disconnect. Still it took 16 days with number disconnected

Ahmed Abdoh

CarolineA

Hi @Dan_C!

My sim card is still unprovisioned. Any updates on the manual intervention since this issue has not been resolved yet?

Cheers

Zac_D

Hey @CarolineA,

I've just sent you a PM with a little more info about your order, everything looks good to go Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
113 Kudos
110 Kudos
84 Kudos
81 Kudos
44 Kudos