cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor neilb1970
New Contributor

sim activate

hi, i need to activate a replacement sim for a nokia 3310 3g, i have logged in to my optus and followed the online instructions and end up having to log in again, only to be back where i started. i tried using live chat but they were no help. tried calling but that was no help as it sent me an sms to log in with my phone to do the first of my attempts again.

frustrated! you have no idea....

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: sim activate

Have you tried the Online Sim Replacement Tool?

https://offer.optus.com.au/activate-sim/?_ga=2.118632649.1931762628.1528494968-1478837198.1525987645...

Otherwise, try calling Optus Mobile Tech Support on 1300300937 (PostPaid) or 1300555002 (PrePaid) and ask them to a Sim Replacement on your Service.  If you still have an Active Sim for Service, you can SMS "Menu" to 9999 and follow the prompts to do a sim replacement.

Have you got the Correct Sim to replace?  If its a Post Paid service, you will need to get a Blank Sim from an Optus Store or have one sent out to you. 

New Contributor

thanks for the reply

i have tried the online tool, as i said it asks me to log in, then i follow the prompts and i end up having to log in again. i have an active sim but it doesn't fit the new phone (3310 3g) that takes a micro sim, old phone takes standard. i called 133937, and that service sends me a text message with a link to follow and activate. i have 2 phones on my account, mine and my fiancee's. mine is working fine.

thanks   neil

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Do you have an Optus store near by @neilb1970? That's really your best bet. They'll replace the SIM then and there. 

If you're located a bit far from an Optus store, I'd suggest our Live Chat team → Optus.com.au/livechat. They'll be able to ship out a new correctly sized SIM. 

If you run into any issues, let us know. We're happy to help out. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor

hi dan,  we got the sim from an optus store but he didn't want to activate it there and then as it would render the old sim inop, and create unwanted issues transfering contacts etc.

i managed to get through to an actual person in tech support, he tried and had to get help from IT to get it working.

thanks for the suggestions guys

0 Kudos