Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

samsung

RonnieResude

I have been fiddling with pin numbers, ring tones etc, but now my Samsung Galaxy will not ring/answer a call.  I have tried following You Tube advice, but still no luck.  The most obvious thing is "sound", but as far as I can see, I've switched it on!!!

Re: samsung

petergdownload

First thing most places will ask is have you done a factory reset?

Peter Gillespie

RonnieResude

Sorry, I don't understand your reply.  However, after a bit of fiddling I have had some success.  Can you help with my remaining problem?  I have not as yet, after 6 months, been able to access the internet via my mobile data.  How do I do this - I have tried to activate it through settings etc, but with no luck?  Do I have to contact Virgin for them to activate it?

Thanks in advance.

petergdownload

Hi Ronnie,

This is Optus. Virgin is a different phone provider.

You will find the option to do a factory reset in your phone's settings menu (probably under 'system').

This will restore your phone to its default condition the same day you first purchased it. Note all your personal photos, files etc. on the phone will be deleted. But most places you ask for a fix will ask you to do a factory reset first to clear out anything you done to change the phone.

I would suggest you take your phone into and Optus (or Virgin?) store and ask them to get you set up correctly for sound and mobile data etc.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
73 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos