cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Network nearly outage in Runcorn Qld

Disappointing to hear that this is still ongoing, charlesb73.

I'm afraid there isn't much we can do here on our public forum. Can only confirm previous responses that you'll need to report a fault, if you've received an unsatisfactory responses you can request to escalate to a Manager and go from there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have already contacted Optus Support  two days ago regarding the mobile reception/speed issue, and it ended up with a coverage check that showed Runcorn has 3G/4G, and that perhaps my phone (model) and my Optus sim card may need to be tested. And that I need to provide a specific address (even when I said that I don't live in the area).

I said that I have 4 mobile phone services between my family members with different phones (iphones and samsungs), as well as the mobile reception speed is at least >150 Mbps in others areas, whilst in Runcorn my speedtests show a download speed between 0 and 1 Mbps. I have screenshots.

Optus should contact their mobile customers who live in Runcorn to test their mobile reception speed. Most who live there would probably use their home wifi, the biggest pain will be to customers like myself who are in Runcorn often but don't live there, hence we use mobile data rather than home/office wifi. I'll contact Support again and report a fault.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi I live in runcorn and have basically not reception it is either 1 bar or nothing and download speeds are non existent or just at .3mbs. This is terrible and I will be lodging a complaint to the Communications Ombudsman.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Thachng @runcorn 

I can also confirm that I had three other Optus mobile users who frequently come to Runcorn area, that they have the same slow speed issues on mobile. I have taken a video, demonstrating the slowness on two mobile phones side by side.

Submitted an Optus Fault on the 28 Feb 2020, received an SMS that I will be contacted within 24 hours, and today is 6 March 2020, I haven't received any comms or call.l 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors