cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

reception in Runcorn Brisbane

Since November 16 when the tower in Runcorn Brisbane 4113 I have No Signal or SOS only in my home in Runcorn Brisbane.

Before I always had two bars in my home and no issues. I have since contacted Optus and was given a reference number and I told them to contact me via emails.

I am not allowed calls at work during the day.

I have had a few emails saying they have received my complaint and they have tried ringing me during the day. No use if I am at home and No Signal or at work.

I have to go stand out in the road to get two or three bars to use my phone.

In all a very disappointing result and no reception during Christmas and now will also be New Year.

I feel I am justified to complain to the ombudsman.

I have a new Simm  and even tried my Sim in other phones. No good.

When other Optus users enter my home they have no signal.

Optus is obviously thumbing their nose at us.

I am not the only user in this area with the same problems other Optus users in the cul de sac have the same issue.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Network nearly outage in Runcorn Qld

I am having problem to use phone call and data in Runcorn area around state highschool. It was really fast but somehow it is in terrible condition to use as like before since last month.

Website shows there is no problem but I am pretty sure that, there is a problem. Is it would be better time by time?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Network nearly outage in Runcorn Qld

Hi Flyabove,

Nice one checking the coverage on the Optus network map. It still shows no known reported issues there.

Do you know if other family members, friends, community members also on the same network have the same kind of problem?

How often are you there? What time of day/night? Have you tried restarting the phone, resetting the network settings, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes I have checked everything.
Also friend lived since 2017 till last week currently using optus and has same situation.

I don't know exact reason but other provider Vodafone has same issue in this area and even nbn does not working well in these days.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It happening whole day & night, weekdays and weekends as well.
There was no problem before November.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Interesting that another provider and fixed is apparently having a problem also.

Next step from here would be to log a fault online here or contact Optus directly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes it is shocking how bad the service has become since the tower was worked on November 16.
Even visitors using optus to my home do not get reception. I have to go outside by road to get even two or three bars. It has been like this for one and a half months and Optus have no answer. They have obviously made changes and just disregard long time users.
We were given no notification of changes and I feel
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: reception in Runcorn Brisbane

Hi @runcorn

Our Technical Case Management team that is likely the team handling your service issues is an over the phone team, they aren't able to assist and troubleshoot issues with you via email, this would also make any real-time checks impossible which could hinder identifying the issue. If you'd like some help following up on your fault case please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your fault reference number.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: reception in Runcorn Brisbane

I just moved my mobile service to Optus in January 2020 and I can also confirm that the mobile data reception in the Runcorn area is extremely bad. I have 4 mobile services used by my family members and all of us have bad/slow speed issues. Speed test shows a download speed between 0.4 Mbps to 3Mbps in and high inconsistently the point of webpage loads return No Network..Retry messages.
Whilst I don't like in Runcorn I am at the local soccer club almost every afternoon and on the weekends during mornings as well. the bad and slow reception is anytime during each day.

I called Optus support yesterday and I'm told that it could be my phone or SIM card..or that the settings may not be correct. I stated that everywhere else that I've been but Runcorn has speeds of >150Mbps so it can not be my phone or SIM card.
Highly frustrating for me as a person who spends between 2 and 5 hours almost daily at Runcorn...I can imagine the frustration of those customers who live in Runcorn.
Optus needs to get a technician to go to Runcorn and actually test with an Optus mobile phone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just moved my mobile service to Optus in January 2020 and I can also confirm that the mobile data reception in the Runcorn area is extremely bad. I have 4 mobile services used by my family members and all of us have bad/slow speed issues. Speed test shows a download speed between 0.4 Mbps to 3Mbps in and high inconsistently the point of webpage loads return No Network..Retry messages.
Whilst I don't like in Runcorn I am at the local soccer club almost every afternoon and on the weekends during mornings as well. the bad and slow reception is anytime during each day.

I called Optus support yesterday and I'm told that it could be my phone or SIM card..or that the settings may not be correct. I stated that everywhere else that I've been but Runcorn has speeds of >150Mbps so it can not be my phone or SIM card.
Highly frustrating for me as a person who spends between 2 and 5 hours almost daily at Runcorn...I can imagine the frustration of those customers who live in Runcorn.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors