cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

receiving Optus "missed call" texts but number not with Optus?

I have my mobile number with Exetel (network Optus).

My number has been sold illegally. (yes I know....whose hasn't. That's the ongoing crime which this query is a result of):

I have one particular number which I have blocked on my device but I am now constantly receiving "Missed Call"  texts for the number also stating I may use 159 to opt out of the service. 

I do not receive this missed call text for any other number I may miss on this number.

The message states it's from Optus "...There was a technical problem processing your Missed Call Service request. Your request was not received. Please try again later."

If I dial 159 it eventually states that my number cannot be located.

Exetel are absolutely useless in helping and act as though they know nothing about the situation.

Can anyone help me to know what else I can do here please? missed 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: receiving Optus "missed call" texts but number not with Optus?

You need to contact Exetel Service, even though the service is on the Optus Network, you are not an Optus Customer, and they can not directly help you. It sounds like you need to ask Exetel to remove the missed call service, or log a fault to Optus Wholesale on your behalf.  

Sorry to hear you are having issues with Exetel Service, you can always port out to another Carrier including Optus Retail.  You will need to speak to Exetel Customer Service, Optus Retail cant help you directly, all Faults and Service have to go through the Reseller Exetel.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors