Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

really bad reception

I just chose the optus 2 days ago. As soon as, I have been problem with reception. Inside the house no service or SOS. I have to go outside to talk. when I chatted with support member, she told me I should've shoosen different provider. It is not my fault. Optus should have warned me before they sell their super offers!this is unexceptable !!!! Why did I change my vodafone ?I did not have any problems with that.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: really bad reception

Optus has no idea whether you will get good reception in your house, or have to go out into your yard. You have the right to buy a really good phone, or install an $800 Cell Fi repeater.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @yass11, there's simply no sure-fire way to guarantee the sort of indoor coverage you'll receive. There's simply too many factors at play. For example, if you're living in a double brick home the signal will have a harder time penetrating walls. 

Have you checked to see what frequencies are being emitted by the closest tower? You're welcome to PM us with your account details. I need your full name, DOB, mobile number and service address. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Even outside coverage is bad. I would like to refund. I’m not satisfied with Optus service at all. 

0 Kudos