Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
rodtong
New Contributor
New Contributor

"network busy" when calling land lines

For at least the past 10 days when calling land lines in Broken Hill from my Optus mobile I get a "network busy" error. The problem occurs on both Android and Iphone so not handset related. There is no problem when calling from a land line or from Skype. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: "network busy" when calling land lines

This usually means Optus doesn’t have a free line to route your call to Broken Hill. Especially given there is only one link to that area. 

Are you always in the same area when this error occurs?

who is the receiving party with? 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
rodtong
New Contributor
New Contributor

Always trying from Sydney (various base stations) and the receiving landlines are with Telstra. Could be some work happening after the recent weather events. I've tried at various times of the day with same effect.

0 Kudos
rodtong
New Contributor
New Contributor

OPTUS can you chime in? Calls to far west NSW should be automatically re-routing if a line is down. Perhaps there is a route Sydney -> Adelaide -> Broken Hill that could be used?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors