Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

"Optus Prepaid activation is in progress?" - Still waiting

Hi,

I went throught the activation procedure and submitted Mastercard details. The funds have not been withdrawn from the Mastercard after activation and my balance is still zero. Do I need to activate again? Will I get a credit if I then find I paid twice for the Optus Prepaid Long Expiry plan??

To check, the order number is:     68391250.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: "Optus Prepaid activation is in progress?" - Still waiting

Hi,
Hopefully this has since been resolved, unfortunately this is not something that can be checked here.

If needed please chat with us for further help.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The worrisome thing is not knowing where the Mastercard number went during activation? It did not reach Optus, but the phone has been activated now with a zero balance despite Mastercard details having been supplied. Now I was able to recharge the phone and I hope the funds are available on the phone soon.

The instructions in the package tell me I can stop all "Premium SMS/MMS" - incorrect, I cannot!. The instructions tell me I can send a "STOP" SMS to the scammer, but then I have been scammed and funds have been removed by Optus for that SCAM SMS. There is no way to get that money back from the scammer, unless Optus gives you a complaint number (difficult to get if you have to wait on the 13.. number for 20 minutes and pay $5 for the privilege!), which you then submit on-line to the TIO (Telecom. Industry Ombudsman). Telstra is now giving back the funds scammed from their customers, but not Optus! 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Just checked my Mastercard and what I did not want to happen, has happened:

I activated the new SIM on Saturday the 23rd and since then the balance has been zero and we could not use the phone. A few minutes ago, which is the 26th at 11:54AM I recharged $40 to finally use the phone and make a call. Just checked the Mastercard and found on the 26th or right now $40 have been deducted TWICE!!!!!!!

HOW DO I GET THOSE $40 REFUNDED??? THE MESSAGE READS: "YOUR NEW PREPAID SERVICE SHOULD BE ACTIVE WITHIN 15 MINUTES BUT TAKE UP TO 4 HOURS DURING BUSY PERIODS"???

HELP!!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Please click on the chat with us link in the original response to arrange a refund.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Looks like the software at Optus realised that three days after activation $40 were deducted TWICE and Optus gave a refund.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

WRONG! Activation was on the 23rd and $40 was paid, still by the 26th balance was still zero, so I recharged with the second $40. Then Mastercard showed TWO $40 withdrawals for the 26th!

Then one $40 disappeared from the statement.

Today, 1/3/2019 I have one payment of $40 appear for the 26th and one $40 payment appear for the 27th!

Will have to get onto chat to have this fixed, this is ridiculous!

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Went to Chat (Billing and General Support), gave all the details to operator and script reader Sellna, then was referred to "Prepaid", operator Phillip, had to give some of the details again (frustrating!) and all he offered was adding that extra $40 as a RECHARGE and not a refund!

As I had wasted a lot of time already, I gave my email to Phillip and asked to be contacted as I wanted a refund and I also needed a reference number for that complaint as the TIO (Telecom. Industry Ombudsman) needs it to follow it up. No contact so far.

Optus activated the prepaid phone on the 23rd and paid via Mastercard, by the 26th the balance was still zero, so I recharged another $40. The Mastercard then showed two $40 debits on the 26th. One of those then disappeared from the 26th, but to reappear as a debit on the 27th??

Can I get a reference number for that complaint?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Now my Mastercard shows one debit of $40 on the 26th and one on the 27th! During Chat operators Phillip and Moritz both refused a refund and suggested an additional recharge of $40, which is unacceptable as we are pensioners.

So I will get on-line with my complaint to the TIO (Ombudsman) and see if he/she can organise a refund of $40 for me.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

An enquiry or complaint to enquiry@optus.com.au did get rejected, strange as it is an email address for complaints.

Because I ticked "Would not recommend Optus to a friend", my results to the survey did not get accepted, I wonder why??

0 Kudos
Top Contributors