Searching...

Mobile

Re: "Optus Prepaid activation is in progress?" - Still waiting

domwild

Chat twice refused a refund.

domwild

First two $40 withdrawals were listed on the Mastercard statement for the 26th, then one disappeared, so a proper credit must have been given, then one on the 26th appeared and one on the 27th!

Now when I call '555' for the balance, $40 is my balance and not $80? What is going on?? I hope Optus decides to give a credit for the second $40 debit, otherwise I will send a complaint to the TIO (Ombudsman).

domwild

Have submitted an on-line complaint to the TIO (Ombudsman) with reference number 2019/03/03112.

domwild

As requested by Optus, a photocopy of my Mastercard statement has been submitted to Optus as evidence of two $40 payments. The Ombudsman has indicated a complaint has been received and to let them know if the matter has been resolved one way or another by, I believe the 25th of March. So far no credit of $40 has been received from Optus. The credit on the mobile is still only $40 anyway.

Strange that one payment of two debits for the 26th had disappeared but then one appeared for the 26th and another for the 27th.

Highlighted

domwild

Unfortunately Yescrowd, Chat, Enquiry did not help.Complained to the TIO (Ombudsman) and received 25th of March as deadline for resolution. One call from the Customer Relation Executive was the result and was told to call her before a date in April, which was rather sneaky and crooked, as the TIO set the 25th as the date and if no reply is received, the TIO considers that matter to be settled. Contacted the Executive several times via calls (unanswered) and email before the 25th. Escalated the complaint with the TIO on the 26th.

On the 27th the Executive called me and promised a cheque and emailed confirmation. A complaint to the TIO costs telcos $30 and once escalated even more. Were the stalling techniques over $40 really worthwhile for Optus??

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
72 Kudos
68 Kudos
43 Kudos