Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

"Failed to download attachment from multimedia message. Try again later"

MxFong

Hi

Occasionally, like every few days, I get this message: "Failed to download attachment from multimedia message. Try again later" on my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge just after entering my PIN.  This has been happening for several months.

Would appreciate your advice how to get rid of it.  Thanks in advance.

Re: "Failed to download attachment from multimedia message. Try again later"

Yeldarb

I get that from time to time and I believe it has something to do with the fact that I am always running on Wi-Fi with mobile data off. Normally just switching Wi-Fi off and mobile data on fixes the problem.

MxFong

Thanks for responding, Yeldarb.

I switched off Wi-Fi, switched on mobile data, powered off and on the phone, and left the phone on for several minutes.  Then switched Wi-Fi back on and switched mobile data off.  Did this twice, but to no avail.  Still get the pesky message.

Yeldarb

Often mine does the same thing even after switching over to mobile data. Sometimes I think it has a mind of its own as messages often get stuck and come through when they want. I still think the initial problem is caused by being on Wi-Fi. Have a look over the APN settings on the link below and see if everything is setup correctly. You could also try clearing the cache on your mms program under application manager.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/our-mobile-phone-apns-technical-settings?requestType=Nor...

mazz_a

Hi MxFong,

Pleas make sure you have your mobile data on and the correct apns set on the device. Are you able to send multimedia messages?

Zsofia

You just need to turn off notifications from the Message app. You can do this in settings -> notifications -> turn off for message app. This has worked for me.

MxFong

Hi Zsofia, thanks for your suggestion.  By turning off notifications from the Message app, won't that mean I won't get alerted when I receive an SMS?

[ Edited ]
Zsofia

Possibly but I don't notice the difference. But then again, I'm not in love with my phone so I don't care if I'm not notified if I have a message, but it does bother me to no end if this message pops up every time my phone rings and is blocking the screen and I can't answer my calls. I think it's worth it if you use WiFi 95% of the time like I do.

P.S. I just got an SMS and the sound notification was still working.

MxFong

Thanks, Zsofia.

I wish Optus (my carrier) will get off their bums and do something to get rid of this pesky notification.  Obviously something is stuck somewhere and Android on my phone tries to download it every now and again, but fails.

Will give your suggestion a shot Smiley Happy

Zsofia

I think this is more of a Samsung issue rather than a carrier issue. I'm in Canada and the same thing happens here. We should bombard Samsung with emails letting them know how useless and annoying this message is and that they should get rid of it altogether. Good luck!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
137 Kudos
117 Kudos
81 Kudos
80 Kudos
47 Kudos