cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Re: "Failed to download attachment from multimedia message. Try again later"

Apologies for the late reply MxFong - how's it all going today? Are you still experiencing issues? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor KCP
New Contributor

OMG! I am sooo proud of myself!

I am the least technical person and barely know anything about cell phones, computers, internet and so on. 

But today was my breaking point for this stupid message that kept appearing!

After going thru all the steps I found online and Nothing working, I finally figured it out by going thru my phones settings and anything that had more options. 

So I went to Settings > More Connection Settings > Download Booster and I turned my Download Booster On and voila, I restarted my phone 3x now and the annoying message that's been irritating me for years now, is GONE!!! Wooo Hooo 🤗😊

So, good luck to all of you who were just as frustrated as I was from this irritating message that would pop up several times in a day, especially when restarting or turning the phone on...

PS..... Love to hear if my suggestion helps anyone else! I sure hope it's the same Fix for all of you as well!

Ciao for now!

Occasional Contributor MxFong
Occasional Contributor

Very happy for you that you got rid of that pesky message! Smiley Very Happy

Unfortunately, turning on Download Booster has not worked for my phone.  It's still displaying that irritating message, even after 6 or 7 power off-power on cycles Smiley Sad

Neither Optus nor Samsung wants to take responsibility for solving this niggly problem.  There has got to be a simple solution, yet the parties that can provide the answer does not step in and say here's what to do.  Wouldn't you think that there is a forum moderator who reviews all posts and reads this thread, and thinks, "Let me help these customers out and get in touch with Samsung!"?

Thanks very much for offering your help.  Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor MxFong
Occasional Contributor

Dear Esther (moderator)

Please read the post I made a few minutes ago in reply to KCP.

BR -- michael

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are you able to delete any pending/ error-ing messages from the inbox. Seems to be a an Android glitch and can affect multiple devices. I others have fixed this by switch to mobile network and having someone send a new MMS. Do you know who sent you the MMS that's causing the issue? Have you actually contacted Samsung already regarding this, it sounds like you have. What exactly did they say?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor candian_expat
New Contributor

Hi,

Just had to create an account to simply say thanks for the solution at solving the annoying text message. Worked perfectly for me (Samsung A3).

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
New Contributor TheKoolKid
New Contributor

Thank you so much!!! This fixed my problem completely! 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors