Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

porting time?

tweedlife

Hi there,

I ordered an Optus sim and organised for my number to be ported over from Vodafone. I activated the sim online but am getting a bit concerned as it has been nearly 36 hours since activation and my new Optus sim is still not working.

I did chat with customer service online yesterday who said they'd process my activation again.

Any ideas how long this process could take as I'd like to use my new Optus service as soon as possible.

Kind regards. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Re: porting time?

Xenomorph

Hi @tweedlife!

Normally, the porting process just takes within 15mins-4hrs.

There's actually an ongoing update with standard and same carrier port request with Optus. Your number will be transferred once the network update has been done.

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! Smiley Wink

tweedlife

Hi,

Problem solved.

Called the porting help phone number and the staff member fixed my issue in less than a minute! Smiley Happy

Brhino

What was the number you called? I have been trying all week to transfer over to Optus.

Nam_L

Great news @tweedlife. If you need any further assistance, please let us know Smiley Happy 

@Brhino still having troubles with the port over? If so, please talk to our Sale Support crew on 1300 300 562, they're open from Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 7.00pm EST

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
26 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos