Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

porting issue

[ Edited ]
OlgaS
Hi, I have an issue with porting out from optus. My request to port from Optus to Amaysim was raised on 16 November 2017 (6 days ago) and is still not moved. I spent hours on the phone and in optus chat and still there is no progress and no real help from optus. My phone nuymber is not working for 6 days already.
Can anyone help?
 Update 22/11: one more day without any help from optus. About 1 hour lost in total time today. Agent in chat named Nayna was rude and ended chat 

Re: porting issue

Toomey

Hey @OlgaS, sorry to hear of the issues. If you are porting away from Optus, any problems should be raised with Amaysim as the request will be coming from their end. The only thing that would delay your port is a data mismatch with the information from your new provider. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
OlgaS

Thanks Toomey. Optus has terminated my phone number on 17/11 (without me requesting this) and I believe this is why porting failed. Amaysim told me on 17/11 they cannot do anything until phone number is active in Optus. My personal details(name, DOB and Optus account number) in amaysim are correct and correspond to Optus details. 

[ Edited ]
OlgaS

Hi, I would like to lodge a complaint about terrible experience I am having with optus. My request to port phone number from Optus to Amaysim was raised on 16 November 2017 (1 week ago) and is still not moved.  More than that, optus switched off/terminated my phone without my request or permission on 17/11/2017 and I am left without means of mobile communication! I spent hours on the phone and in optus chat to re-activate my phone number(about an hour every day) and still there is no progress and no real help from optus. My phone number is not working for 7 days already and no one in optus cares to do anything to fix it. I am living without a phone, it is extremely uncomfortable and I want this to be fixed ASAP.  Every time I raise a request to re-activate my number I am asked to wait 24 or 48 hours and then every request fails. No one explains me why every request fails and obviously no one is doing anything to resolve the issue. Also no one explains me what is actually happening and why my number is still not active. More than that I have to interact with optus daily because all my requests fail. And optus basically forces me to waste my time to raise another useless request. If I do not re-raise the same request I will never have my phone back because optus will do nothing!
Amaysim has correct DOB, Name and optus account number so this could not be a reason for failed porting. And not being able to activate my number is not related to amaysim at all. It is 100% optus problem and optus inability to fix it is shocking. I see no reasons why my number is still deactivated. I need 1. My number to be reactivated ASAP. 2. my number to be ported to Amaysim. 3. Also I would like to be compensated for inconvenience, stress and wasted time. In total I estimate wasted time to be 8 hours so far which is a full working day.

I tried to use another useless service from optus: https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/enquiries

It is a service which I could use to lodge a complaint. But guess what? When I did it it returned an error(see below). I did it several times in different browsers, same error every time. And I see there are quite a few people having the same issue.

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000199 EndHTML:000000530 StartFragment:000000337 EndFragment:000000498 StartSelection:000000337 EndSelection:000000494 SourceURL:https://www.optus.com.au/formemailerAccess Denied

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.optus.com.au/formemailer" on this server.

Reference #18.95c2ce17.1511430645.5c91a0a

I am planning to raise this issue with TIO. Optus has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Dan_C

Hi @OlgaS, I'm sorry we weren't able to get back to you sooner.

I'm just a bit confused as to why we'd go ahead and disconnect your service without permission. There are really only 2 possibilities.

• The number was disconnected due to non-payment.
  • The customer had requested to disconnect the number before porting across to the gaining carrier, 

In order to port the service across to another provider, the number does need to be active in our systems; you're also required to provide the gaining carrier with details that match up with your existing Optus account (full name and DOB).

If the number was a number originally given to you by Optus, then we should be able to retrieve this back for you. All numbers are quarantined for 6 months until they're released back into the pool of available numbers. If the mobile number was originally ported to us from another provider, it'll have been given back to that provider and quarantined on their end. 

Feel free to send us a private message with your account details. I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll check what's happened here. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
OlgaS

Hi Dan,

Thank you for replying to my post. It is good to know that I still have a chance to restore my number within 6 months. But with current bad processes in optus it seems that I will be spending all 6 months in futile attempts to re-activate my number.

I have sent you a private message with my details as you requested.

You have advised above that there are really only 2 possibilities of why my number is terminated.

• The number was disconnected due to non-payment - not possible
  • The customer had requested to disconnect the number before porting across to the gaining carrier - not possible 

Both of these are not the case and are not possible. 1) I was paying for ages in automated manner and never had any issues with payments. I have other services (another mobile and broadband) and they are unaffected. 2) And I never requested  to disconnect the number. Why would I do that? It is my main mobile which I have been using for years and have been planning to use it for years ahead.

There is actually a third option which I am sure what has happed: 

• because of really bad processes and systems in Optus my number was terminated by mistake INSTEAD of porting.  - this is the reason

I would like Optus to acknowledge that it was done by mistake and restore my number ASAP. Thanks to optus I am left without mobile phone, it badly affects my life and causes much stress and inconvinience. I need my phone number back ASAP.

STATUS 27/11: issue not resolved and not moved anywhere 

OlgaS

UPDATE 27/11 (after 11 days of futile attempts to ask optus to return my number back to me):

Complaint successfully submitted
You have successfully lodged a complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO).

Hopefully this will make a difference.

2 Optus, could you please reactivate my number and return it back to me. I did not request number termination, my bills are perfectly fine and I see no reason why you terminated my number. Please do not use porting as your reason for termination. My number was terminated before porting which must never be done. You took my number away from me without permission, please return it back.

Note: Please do not ask me to go to the optus store or use some other time-delay "wait 48 hours in infinite-loop" techniques. I already passed through these: I have been to the store twice, called you and chatted with you many times wasting about 10 hours in total, waited for 48 hours 3 times. Please just return my number back to me.

Dan_C

Hi @Olga s, excuse my delayed response to this one. I'm working the overnight shifts so we might be a little out of sync. I've just replied back to your PM.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

OlgaS

UPDATE 29/11: absolutely no progress so far. I am still without a phone thanks to Optus.

OlgaS

UPDATE 30/11(2 weeks since porting request!): absolutely no progress. Optus keep trying to ignore the issue and use delay-in-indefinite loop tactic. Just keep repeating the same misleading requests and try to exhaust me. But the issue is too important for me to leave this alone.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
73 Kudos
51 Kudos