Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mblak
New Contributor
New Contributor

porting from Virgin - sim not provisioning

27 hrs and 3 calls later - my new optus service is still not active (though my virgin sim was deactivated within an hr from leaving the store. Have been told 3 different versions of what the problem is with the last one being an IT investigation that will take 3-5 days to complete - so no phone for 3-5 days - what the hell Optus, how is this any way to treat new customers.

So far the blame has been attributed to an unknown technical issue that was to be resolved in 24 hrs, Virgin not releasing the number, which was to be resolved in 4 hrs and now the number being in limbo, which will take 3-5days to fix.

Mind you at no stage has anyone from Optus had the general courtesy to contact me, every contact has been from me to be simply told something else.

In 27 hrs, I have spent 3 of those trying to get this resolved.

I would certainly be grateful if someone senior can assist with this, I won’t go into a sob story, but this is my only means of communication with family

0 Kudos
5 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: porting from Virgin - sim not provisioning

https://www.amaysim.com.au/plans/mobile-plans

If they have told you it's in limbo, they might have sent the issue to the back room team to fix limbo numbers. If you desperately need to talk to family you can buy a $10 Amaysim SIM from Coles.

0 Kudos
Giem
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same issue. Not happy and no timeframe given to get it sorted.

0 Kudos
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

BTW, going from Optus to Optus is the worst. Virgin is Optus, so saying Virgin is not releasing the number is insane. It's the pits because Optus is responsible for doing everything. If the number was coming from Aldi or Telstra, at least the law would make that part of it fast.

0 Kudos
Tano
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @mblak, sorry for the ongoing delay and runaround regarding your activation 😕 Can you send through a private message with the IT reference, as well as the full name, phone number and DOB attached to the service so we can take a look and check for any updates on this?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Heads up @mblak, I've sent you a response to your private message.

We'll chat with you there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors