Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
gandk169
Contributor
Contributor

poor reception at home

I live just outside of Adelaide in the town of Hallett Cove and have been with Optus for 21 years.  We have had poor mobile reception for all this time.  We are tired of running out to the street, waving our phones about, trying to get a signal for banking codes, myGov codes and simple SMS messages.   When mates visit with the latest phone they can't get a signal either so I'm assuming it's our location.  We are paying for Mobile Reception but just not getting any. 

My question is, who at Optus can I talk to about this problem?  Thank You

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jono_YC

Re: poor reception at home

Hi @gandk169 it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues with your mobile service.

We recommend keeping across our Network Status page, which provides up-to-date faults and works that may be impacting your service. You can also register for updates by clicking on the respective mobile tower, and then selecting “Log a fault”.

We also have a range of troubleshooting steps that may help with mobile faults.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@gandk169I suggest grabbing an app like "AUS Phone Towers" and use it to see where the closest Optus tower is.

Optus are NOT going at add a new tower if there is is not allot of people in the areas that have bad coverage as it is pure economics.

I suggest you buy a cheap Vodafone and a Belon (Aka Telstra) SIM at Woolies or Coles when on special so you can see if they have better reception.

0 Kudos
gandk169
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the information but it will take me a bit of time to find out this information; I will get back to you and tell you how it went. I'm in my 70's and did not grow up with computers so I'm slow...but not hopeless!! Thanks again, Gwynne
gandk169
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you again. Just need to know what an app is and does it go on my computer or my phone? I will check out the SIM at Woolies. Does that mean I need a second phone too?
Can someone at the Optus shop help with this? Thanks!!!!
0 Kudos
Jono_YC

@ gandk169 You can download the My Optus App onto your phone via the Google Play or Apple App store on your smartphone. 

Alternatively, please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
gandk169
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you again, I will do the Download tomorrow. My neighbour's little girl said she can help with the app. It's good to know that I can get help on Facebook too.
So much help...thanks!!! Gwynne
Jono_YC

That's okay @gandk169. Please let us know if you need a hand with anything else.

0 Kudos
gandk169
Contributor
Contributor

I got the MyOptus app (application) with instructions at the local library, so easy when you know what to do...but...guess what, it does not work at home without phone coverage!!! Of course!!!
Could not even check coverage from 'phone towers' as there is no connection here at home and what is the point of going to the library again to check...they have coverage?
So, next question, which do you think would be a better option for me, ring Optus on my landline or send Optus an e-mail? Without a connection how can Optus check for my mobile phone or the coverage for my location?
It's still early morning here so will contact Optus later today.
Thanks, Gwynne
0 Kudos
gandk169
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jono, thanks for the information but it's not a fault with my mobile, it's a coverage problem. The local library showed me how to down load the My Optus App...so easy. But when I got home I found I can not message via My Optus App without coverage.
I will try Facebook later today, thanks Gwynne
Top Contributors