Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mvb
New Contributor
New Contributor

poor customer service

how can a company that deals in communications be so hard to communicate with?

i have been on hold for 48 mins after being transferred from one department to another, whilst trying to also chat online with a team member who informed me that they are unable to access any services due to a technical glitch - so i should visit chat again later in the day.

i asked to be called by a manager - he informed me they dont have access to telephones??? or have a supervisor???

then cut me off and sent through a satisfaction survey! this is a joke

7 Replies
Anarkii
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: poor customer service

Mate, the reason why customer service sucks is because they have offshore reps now from Phillipines and India. They don't care at all if they solve your problem, they get payed anyway. 
A few years ago when the Customer Service office was in Sydney, they had THE BEST reps. You'd call, theyd answer within 10 minutes, and wouldn't hang up like 90% of them do today. 
I would love to see Optus close those offshore offices, and bring that back to Australia. Their lack of Customer Service is killing their company, and their reputation.
Hell, I've been telling my friends to go to Telstra, they have crap service, but at least they have decent customer service if something does go wrong. 

0 Kudos
MarkMyWords
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm in the middle of trying to get a reasonable level of service from Optus. I've been on hold for 25mins already, transferred twice and cut off twice so far. No one seems interested or capable of solving anything but the simplest of issues. I ordered a phone on 28/12, still haven't got it.

0 Kudos
Zain1236
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You are millions times right mate

0 Kudos
Zain1236
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am going to switch with Telstra with all my mates . Optus is not worthy 

0 Kudos
Mcfrankel
New Contributor
New Contributor

I agree, I have been contacting Optus since the 27/12 to have my mobile phone activated after being hung up on, put on hold and various chats online the phone is still not activated.  When I do get through to someone they will see yes we have fixed this up and it will happen in 4 hours.....no it doesn’t.  You can’t seem to talk to anyone to get anything done.

0 Kudos
MarkMyWords
New Contributor
New Contributor

Finally got my phone after nearly a full working day talking to Optus................. NO SIM!  Bearing in mind it's been over a week since I ordered the phone. 2-3 working days until I get new SIM; that'll be 2wks since I ordered the phone. OPTUS YES! NO!

0 Kudos
Aman_B

Hi @mvb - Disappointing to hear about your experience there 😞 Not at all what we want your experience to be like. Could you please PM me Here your enquiry and I can look help. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos