cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
yeji
New Contributor
New Contributor

please help me to solve this problum! urgent!

i wana exchange my sim for other one. 

how can l block my sim? 

please tell me how can i adjust it so that the charges will nor come out next week. 

today is last day so i have to change the sim soon 

thak you for your replying 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: please help me to solve this problum! urgent!

Not well explained. What are you trying to do? What plan are you on. What plan so you want to be on?
0 Kudos
yeji
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm planning to change from Optis SIM to another SIM. So I think I should cancel the Optus Sims to keep them from being charged. Right? Let me know if there is a solution.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Are these prepaid SIMs? In which case they will only be charged when you decide to put money on them

If they are post paid SIMs then are you under a 12 or 24 month contract? To move to another provider you have two options:

1) Just get the new SIMs (with new phone numbers) and yes you will need to contact Optus by phone and tell them you are cancelling your old SIMs. Hard at the moment but Optus will likely backdate your cancellation if needed.

2) Or when you sign up for your new plans just tick the box that says you want to port your phone number across. This will automatically cancel any existing plan you have with Optus and Optus will close the service.
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Just to clarify one of @petergdownload points, if you want to transfer your existing number to another provider (i.e. porting) do not cancel your Optus SIM first because your will loose your number if you do that. Once ported, the old service with Optus should automatically be candled, but you can contact Optus to confirm that that is the case. 

Top Contributors