Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ronin17
New Contributor
New Contributor

optus mobile network down

is the optus mobile network down in perth?

Cant use my phone as there is no service.

i have turn off my phone and restarted it, still no service

0 Kudos
1 Reply
George_YC

Re: optus mobile network down

Hi @ronin17, I'm sorry to hear you are having some issues with the Optus Network.

Have you had a chance to look at our Network Status page for any outages? All you need to do is click the outages tab and search your address.

If there are no outages in your area, you may need to perform a Network Reset on your phone. This will delete all saved network settings and WiFi passwords. This is to refresh all your Network settings on your phone without losing any data. To do this, please follow the steps below: iPhone - Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Samsung - Settings > General Management > Reset >  Reset Network Settings

If you are still experiencing issues, you may have a faulty SIM card. You can get a free SIM replacement from your local Optus store and this may fix your Network issues.

You can also try turning on Voice over 4G (VoLTE) and WiFI calling if you have a compatible device from Optus, this may help with any call issues. With these turned on, calls will be picked up through the internet to carry the call. To do that, follow these easy steps on our WiFi calling support page.

We also have some further troubleshooting steps on our My Optus Service Is Not Working: Troubleshooting Index page,

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.