Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

not receiving texts from an iphone

xander33

Hi,

My partner has an iphone 8 and I have an Oppo AX5.  We are both with Optus sim only.  Yesterday the AX5 stopped receiving texts from the iphone.  The AX5 can send them back, and both phones call each other.  The iphone is showing the messages as sms and not imessage, and nothing on the iphone shows a problem.  The messages disappear.  Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Xander

Re: not receiving texts from an iphone

Eveline

That's certainly odd to hear! When you go to "App Management" on the Oppo, is the "Default app" set for the messages?

xander33

Hi Eveline,

Thanks for replying.  It's really strange.  I've just checked and the default is set to messages.  We've also discovered that I can receive MMS messages, including both the picture and the attached text, but still no SMS. 

Xander

Solution

Eveline

Hmm.. are the calls you're receiving over Wi-Fi/data? Have you tried going in store for a SIM replacement? 

xander33

Thanks for the help. It seems to have resolved itself after I changed the sim over.

Eveline

Ah that's good to hear! Probably just had a faulty SIM card. If there are any further issues, feel free to reach out. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
73 Kudos
51 Kudos