cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor messasaid
New Contributor

no care for long term customers

why dont you care about long term customers, and cost double vodaphone for same phoneand more data

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: no care for long term customers

I don't think Optus are alone in deciding that customer loyalty has gone the way of the dodo (figuratively)

It cuts both ways as customers will now routinely grab a good deal for a short term and then switch as soon as another good deal presents itself. In big business case they can't do much about these customers but they do know that 80%+ of customers are generally too lazy to switch most of the time. So the big discounts are made to new customers while anyone who sticks around long term is basically confirming that they don't need to be enticed anymore.

So IMO set a reminder in your calander when you main contracts are coming up for renewal (Health, Power, Home, Phone, etc.) and do some quick spot checks. Often the company you are with will drop the price back down again if you just ask them too (although Optus generally doesn't bargain like this). If they don't then the markets are now fairly easy to move around in.

That said, Optus often have spot sales that are available to new and recontracting customers. The trick is to get out of your 12M plan and then just stay as month to month until a good one appears. Then just repeat every 12 months.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

All the bargains left town and won't be back for a few months. Optus mobile landscape is looking pretty bleak at the moment.

7TOp.gif

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Nice tumble weed Smiley Happy

I agree Optus appear to have made a significant jump in pricing (both in the NBN and mobile departments). I suspect we are seeing the cooling off of the aggressive attempts to gain new customers. With the number of new customers added to existing infrastructure and the significant increase in data allowances I'd suspect Optus are probably getting to peak capacity (if not a little over the limit in some areas). 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor messasaid
New Contributor

wow , ok so do you work for optus or you just really really like them .  you reply was condescending and sounded like optus babble, and this is meant to be a community, and your tumbleweed, was sad and it seems like you are online in the yes crowd, for social fun, and that is even sadder.

most people do research, t would cost me not much more to leave my optus contract to run out and join vodaphone, get iphone8plus 265 gb(interest free-cutting price of 24 months to half optus price) with a good month to month plan , just to finish with this money hungry company, i know optus dont care, i  was just seeing what reply i would get.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@messasaid

Its unclear who you are responding to, but you're being pretty ungracious. Responses both agreed with your proposition and IMO are decidedly non-"Optus" in their replies. Personally denigrating those who took the time to try answer your research is a pretty poor effort. I assume posting at 1am may have contributed?

On review however it does seem your underlying assumptions are flawed. The Vodaphone offering you site is almost identical to the Optus one. Both are 'interest free' and have no cancellation fees with unlimited calls. Without comparing every combination selecting the Vodaphone 'recommended' iPhone 256 Gb plus with 40Gb per month over 24 months you end with:

Optus: $117 per month

Vodaphone $115.37 per month

Optus provides the additional flexability to upgrade your phone in 12 months time for just $99.

Vodaphone speed limit data over 40Gb.

Pick your poison.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors