Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

network unlock

Sugasweet75
I want to network unlock my phone. I have tried the online form on the optus website so many times. No one gets back to me. I have called customer care....they said they cant do it either. ( and quite rude I might add) I don't understand what the problem is.
Posted from Facebook

Re: network unlock

Ian

Did our Customer Care guys advise why they weren't able to proceed with the unlock?

What type of phone is it and was it purchased through Optus?

Sugasweet75
The 1st one just told me she couldn't help.....the 2nd said he doesn't have access to that system and the 3rd told me it was going to cost me $80 to unlock...but he couldn't do it.

It's a huawei u8180 and yes it was purchased at an optus store over 12 months ago.

[ Edited ]
Ian

@Sugasweet75 wrote:
The 1st one just told me she couldn't help.....the 2nd said he doesn't have access to that system and the 3rd told me it was going to cost me $80 to unlock...but he couldn't do it.

It's a huawei u8180 and yes it was purchased at an optus store over 12 months ago.

There may be a fee to unlock it but generally not if purchased this long ago with an active service. Send your info, including IMEI through to us here and we'll take a look at it for you.

Solution

Sugasweet75
Sent, thanks.

Connort8844

I have the same problem with the Huawei U8180 (X1) I have done the unlock thing on the website and I tell me that I will hear from someone within  2 weeks or so but no one has ever contacted me back. So I call customer care and they can not do anything and tell me to go to the website I have spent more that the amount to get a free unlock and I am going to the UK for 4 weeks and need to take the phone with me

PLEASE HELP!!!

JustinB

Hi Connor,

Apologies for the run-around that you've received here! Can you please send through some info via our online form & we'll investigate this for you?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

[ Edited ]
Bolly2007

Hi

I have an Optus Huawei U8180 that I want to use overseas as a local phone.

Can you please advise as to how I get it unlocked?

Many thanks

Chris

Julz

Hey Bolly2007 - check out this link for instructions on how to unlock the device. Cheers

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

[ Edited ]
JokerZ

Hi, I just find that my prepaid phone purchased from Optus store can not use Chinese SIM card due to network locked. I have complete the online form but there is no immediate unlock code. However, I have already arrived at China and it shows the Chinese mobile number is not valid for contact number. Could you help me check the unlock code and send to my email? It's a ZTE Blitz. The IMEI is 860285030515387. My name is Xieyu Zhang. My email address is <removed for privacy> Thanks a lot!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos