Hello, I have an Optus mobile plan with 3GB per month data allowance.
When I use the myOptus app to check my usage, the first summary screen always shows a much higher figure than the Data Breakdown - Daily Use screen.
There is a pattern every month where half way through the month it shows that I am about 50% through my usage whereas by the end of the month I still have about 20% left, even though my usage patterns are consistent across the month. I.e. it always seems to show over-usage early in the month.
See attached screen shots for an example:
- "Usage" shows I have used 32% of 3GB, 2.05GB left, i.e. I have used 0.95GB
- "Daily use" breakdown clearly only adds up to about 350-400MB of usage, that is a huge difference from 0.95GB and this is always the case.
Which of these is correct? Is this a known issue? Do other customers have the same problem?
The confusion comes about because of 'free data'. The main usage (circle graph) only shows data that has come off your allowance (and this is the one to use). The daily usage menu shows all the data you use (free or not).
Ok, so quick re-read and your issue is the reverse of this. The two graphs use different databases which can be out of sync and updated at different times. I can only suggest they should get closer if you wait a few more hours.
You should also get an SMS when you hit 50% of your allowance so check the graphs then and see if either says 1.5Gb
Thanks for your response. I don't think it is because the two graphs use different databases, the difference is huge and it doesn't sync a few hours later. I see this same problem every month where the Daily graph shows far less data used than the summary graph, and my early month usage seems to be higher than actual. I guess I will just keep an eye on the summary graph.
Here are the screenshots from this month, same problem. I don't expect any reply from this, just posting in case anybody wants more examples.
Summary screen shows that I have used 0.46GB (approx 460MB). Daily Use screen clearly only adds up to less than 100MB. That is a huge discrepancy. And no this is not a timing issue, several days later the Daily Use screen is still not even near 200MB.
This happens every month.