Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

my new optus sim won't activate or register on an optus network

nalixor

Hi guys,

I'm at my wits end here. I activated my new optus sim online early this morning, and nothing happened. It said it would be ready in up to four ours. Okay, I waited. 1pm rolls around and still nothing. I call them, they activate things again, over the phone. Tell me I need to wait another four hours for TPG to release my number. Okay, I say. I can wait four hours again.

It's now almost 10pm, and my phone number still isn't ported over from TPG.

I don't know whether it's some setting on my phone that's causing this issue or not. When I go into select network operators, and see a list of network operators available to me. However, my phone seems to be registered on the vodafone AU network: https://puu.sh/sP7CE/1a34070a16.png

That's a bit odd, right? And when I try and register on any of the listed optus networks I get this: https://puu.sh/sP7Im/e1bbf5190a.png - on all three of the listed optus networks.

I even tried manually adding in an optus APN and having that selected.

I tried every optus support number I could get my hands on, and they are all closed.

Can anyone help with this?

Solution

Re: my new optus sim won't activate or register on an optus network

Gen_R

Hey nalixor - thanks for reaching out, can't imagine how stressful this would have been though Smiley Sad When, and through which platform did you initially activate the service? We can help if you're still needing a hand. Please shoot through your mobile number, full name and DOB in a PM so we can take a look into this for you. Gen

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

Re: my new optus sim won't activate or register on an optus network

alizefaith

Hi 

Yes I'm having the very same situation with my new sim, it's been 4 days in another 3 hrs that ive been waiting to have my SIM card processed 

I've contacted optus 3 times and 3 times they have given me different reasons why my new sim card hasn't been processed yet,

So it's been well over 48 hrs now, I was told because  there's been some sort of error it would be that long,

I am so angry over this,  Its a ridiculous situation 

In my plight  I have read many...many people are in this same dilemma with Optus,

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
128 Kudos
126 Kudos
100 Kudos
86 Kudos
56 Kudos