Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

mobile app - need SMS to activate - have Ipad SIM

AndyJS

I am wanting to use the OPTUS app - I need an SMS to activate - I only  have Ipad SIM with OPTUS

where does the SMS go?

thanks 

Re: mobile app - need SMS to activate - have Ipad SIM

JustinB

Hey AndyJS - are you able to let us know if you're still unable to use the app on your iPad? If this is still the case, can you send us a private message with your service number, full name and DOB? We'll follow this up for you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Solution

Re: mobile app - need SMS to activate - have Ipad SIM

AdamJ

Apple iPad cannot receive or send SMS texts via their data sim - only through iPhone SMS message forwarding (where you iPad can send texts via your iPhone).

any software solution for the iPad that relies upon the user being able to receive a SMS to activate will fail

i am an enterprise iOS software developer (who, by the way, also cannot activate their iPad prepaid data sim account - either through the app or online, because Optus requires the device can recieve SMS)

as as a workaround, you might be able to put the sim into your iPhone long enough to activate it - or Optus could fix their service to accomodate iPads

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
133 Kudos
117 Kudos
81 Kudos
78 Kudos
46 Kudos