cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

AndyJS
New Contributor
New Contributor

mobile app - need SMS to activate - have Ipad SIM

I am wanting to use the OPTUS app - I need an SMS to activate - I only  have Ipad SIM with OPTUS

where does the SMS go?

thanks 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JustinB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: mobile app - need SMS to activate - have Ipad SIM

Hey AndyJS - are you able to let us know if you're still unable to use the app on your iPad? If this is still the case, can you send us a private message with your service number, full name and DOB? We'll follow this up for you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
AdamJ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: mobile app - need SMS to activate - have Ipad SIM

Apple iPad cannot receive or send SMS texts via their data sim - only through iPhone SMS message forwarding (where you iPad can send texts via your iPhone).

any software solution for the iPad that relies upon the user being able to receive a SMS to activate will fail

i am an enterprise iOS software developer (who, by the way, also cannot activate their iPad prepaid data sim account - either through the app or online, because Optus requires the device can recieve SMS)

as as a workaround, you might be able to put the sim into your iPhone long enough to activate it - or Optus could fix their service to accomodate iPads