Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

messages kept in the apps of my phone

Dear guys

I am planning to go to Hong Kong, buy a new Android phone, and put the "old sim" in.

Can I (or any other person) still view/read the messages kept in the apps(say Whatsapps, Facebook) etc. in Hong Kong/somewhere else ?

Thanks for your kind response.

Bill

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: messages kept in the apps of my phone

Are you wanting to read the messages or want to prevent them being read?

Just do a factory reset on your old phone and all data is permanently gone on it.

Whatsapp has a backup restore option in its settings (you need to activate it). When you load the app up on the new phone the backup can be imported if you want.

Facebook is largely an online account. Your phone/pc/watch just log into it so all your facebook comments will be available when you load the facebook app on the new phone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks

I intend to erase the old message when I use the new phone with the old SIM card and keep the old telephone number.

Is it possible ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yep. Are you happy to do a factory reset on the old phone once you've set up the new one and transferred your SIM over? That ensures the old phone is as clean as the day you bought it. Look in settings to start a factory reset.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks!

To play safe, I am going to use a brand new mobile phone and a new sim card of different telephone number.

0 Kudos