cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

live chat not working

In two weeks I cannot get access to LIVE CHAT service.

Is Optus still running this for us ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: live chat

Hello,

I previously responded on one of your older posts about this issue.

Previous Thread

Live chat is avalible via two different methods:

If you are having trouble with the app live chat, may I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the mobile application.

If your issue is with the support chat on the website. Please take a second to clear your browsers cache/cookies for Optus.com.au.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/242939/how-to-delete-cookies.html

Do not close the chat window, or let your computer/device to go to sleep/lock.

If this does not resolve your issues, you can call Optus on 133 937.

Please reply to this thread for future corrispondence in regards to this issue instead of opening a new one.

Best Regards

Matt

Edit: 09/01/2020

In case anyone comes across this thread, we've recently switched across to Messaging. 

We have a couple of article up on our Help & Support page which explain the changes.

Need More Help?

Call 133 937

Chat with an Optus Sales/Support rep from the Optus App, or Optus.com.au/support

Are you heading into store?

Remember to bring 100 points of photo ID with you soo Optus staff can access your account.

Feedback

Did I resolve your issue today? - Please take a moment to let me know that you received my reply and the outcome of your issue. If you happy with the help I provied please consider a "Kudos!" - Thank you!

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: live chat

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: live chat not working

Live chat was better

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Do you think so? 

Honestly interested to get some feedback. 

If you have any comments or criticisms, feel free to post them here.

We work right near the Messenger Management team and they've asked us to record any feedback that comes our way. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Messaging is a good thing with the persistant nature of the interaction but I find it annoying how it reloads the messaging window every time you move off the current page.  It is quite apparant that it is not real time as the response times are longer than live chat.  Web chat or live chat as you call it is still seen by many as real time communication so you expect a real person on the other end responding in almost real time.  Messaging is quite a different experience, I am not sure I have taken to it just yet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just tried using messaging: got connected straight away after I entered my full name.

I got transferred three times within messaging and was prompted to re-enter my full name everytime?

Why is there a 10 min wait time message anyway? Its never acurate.  I also noted the messaging history, like forever, its hard to distinguish which one I am looking at as I scroll through them, they are seperated by a faint dividing line that you can easily miss.

Anyway, just feedback on a real world user experience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks very much for this valuable feedback, domT. We will share it with the Live Chat management team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Have billing enquiry
0 Kudos