cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
bored88
New Contributor
New Contributor

leave optus prepaid keep number charges?

I want to change to another phone company for my prepaid mobile account. I want to keep my phone number. What are the charges to leaving and keeping the number? I own my phone, have no phone contract, only have used the prepaid sim card.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rob_YC

Re: leave optus prepaid keep number charges?

Hey @bored88, with that prepaid service there won't be any charges for changing providers here. 

You can reach out to the desired service provider and request they port your number over, they can then process that and organise for the service to be transferred over.

The account with Optus will then be closed down once that Port has gone through. If you do have any other concerns or come across any issues reach out to us and we're happy to assist. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

bored88
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick and clear response. Is there a fee for requesting they port over my number, and transfer it?
0 Kudos
Rob_YC

@bored88, we personally don't charge a fee for that anymore, however I'd recommend double checking with the Provider you are looking to port to, to double check if there's any fee or charge they apply for that. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi bored88,

All Telcos have a legal responsibility to let you port your number elsewhere without any fees or delays. Its a common practice and usually as simple as providing your current number on the signup website and saying you want to port it.

0 Kudos