Searching...

Mobile

iphone 8 on $59 plan with 20GB a month - cannot change plans

Rellii

I got an iphone 8 the day the phone came out.  A month later a better plan was released and I changed to this plan with no problems.  I have now tried to change to this new plan but have been told that in order for me to do this I have to pay out my existing contract.  Clearly I don't need a new phone as I already have one so the fact that they phone is sold out should not be an issue.

In the 20 years I've been with Optus I have often changed plans and as long as I was staying with Optus and just recontracting for another  2 years this has not been a problem (as evidenced by the fact that I've already changed plans once on this current phone).

I believe that I'm being penalised for getting the phone when it first came as as if I had have waited I would have been able to get a much better deal and I believe this is very unfair.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I often recommend people use Optus instead of Telstra because of the ability to change plans during contract but it looks like this is not the case anymore.

Highlighted

Re: iphone 8 on $59 plan with 20GB a month - cannot change plans

Gen_R

Hi @Rellii  - thanks for reaching out. As the $59 is a special promo plans only available for new connections only you wouldn't be able to change your plan to this new offer. Will pass your feedback on. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
111 Kudos
110 Kudos
76 Kudos
75 Kudos
75 Kudos