Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

iphone 8 christmas special

Have tried to buy on line the $59 iphone 8 plan but it says that it is out of stock. I have tried to buy it for the last 2 days. contacted the Ombudsman and ACCC to complain . Been on the sales support phone for over an hour and no response. What should i do next. Virgin has the same special and uses oputs. Have been with Otpus since it started. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: iphone 8 christmas special

Hi @Filomena,

If you are referring to the $59 plan with $0 repayment then as I recall the offer does go until the 4th of Jan, 2018. My suggestion would be to either wait another few days and see if it comes back in stock or go to your local Optus brick and mortar store and see if they are able to do that plan with the phone you are after.

- Auzz

If I've been helpful today please feel free to press that little thumbs up button. It's free and I'd really appreciate it.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi , i did go to the store and they suggested that i go online as it was a cheaper deal than what they could offer. Ihave contacted optus but they do not know when the phone will be in stock. Optus should have known that thre would have been a demand for the phone and had more stock

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hello again @Filomena 

Whilst I do agree that Optus could have ordered more in, the iPhone 8 is still fairly new, in the lifecycle of a phone, as it was released late September. However, the memory storage Apple has decided to use for their new iPhones is in high demand as of right now. Apple actually created a shortage of them whilst manufacturing the iPhone X 😛 

Personally, I would be inclined to wait a few more days as being Christmas time almost every postal service is going to be dealing with many packages, including services that ship iPhones from the US to AU.

- Auzz

If I've been helpful today please feel free to press that little thumbs up button. It's free and I'd really appreciate it.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for your comments. i am happy to do a back order and get the phone when it is in stock. The fact that Optus wants me to be on line to see when there will be more stock is a bit much to ask for during this busy times. If they knew that there was a short supply- then why have this special.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue. You are right, Optus seems can't handle this kind of deal, and it becomes mess now. A big company like Optus, their service becomes worse and worse in Australia.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I am really *moderated* with Optus. Such a large company and not having stock. Does not make sense!! So what can we do about it!! I looked again today and it is out of stock still. Now prompting the same deal with the iphone 7!!

0 Kudos