Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

incoming calls and text from other carriers

Anyone else out there had this issue before. I recently transferred over from tpg (2 days ago) and since then i have been unable to receive calls or messages from non optus carriers. Also i have just discovered the only time i can send sms is to another i phone user if i try to send to any other phone i get a not delivered reply. This is extremely frustrating i have spent a lot of time on the tech support with no outcome only that they are looking into it or its been escalated. There was no issue with tpg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: incoming calls and text from other carriers

Does sound like something has gone wrong low down in the communication chain. Definitely not a common issue.

Only thought I had is perhaps request the SIM be cancelled and your number ported to a new SIM.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

When this first happened i went to optus store and they activated a new sim i waited and followed all steps advised and still having the same issue. I can get call from optus but no one else the only sms i can get is from other i phone users. Anyone who calls me gets a automated message saying this number is unavailable. Not sure what else to do dont have land line so this is my only contact for work and family

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Quick Fix:

1. Get Optus store guy to put their optus sim in your phone.

2. Confirm Mum can ring Optus store guy number

3. Try set your number to forward to optus store guy number

4. See if Mum can ring your number and get through to your phone (with Optus store guy sim inside)

If 4 works great. If not then half great.

Decide on whether to get a prepaid SIM with its own number. Either give your family the new number temporarily or if 4 worked then forward your number to prepaid sim number.

Then see if Optus can fix your underlying problem. If not then migrate to the new number (get the prepaid number ported to your post paid account) . If so then dump the pre paid number.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hello @Atrain. I'm sorry to hear that you're having so many issues with the set up of your new service. We can take a look into this for you. Can you please send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth? Thank you! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thats ok

This has been escalated and the person i spoke with today advised that its a issue with the porting and that the department responsible are working to fix issue. Have been told could take up to 48 hours though but at least they know what it is

Cheers

Atrain

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No worries @Atrain. Let us know if you need if you need a hand again.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos