cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor nicked
New Contributor

ifortune - Anyone Else been scammed?

I just got scammed by 'ifortune' a compnay that offers some form of furtne telling and gaming.

After it was disucssed in some depth in Canada 4-5 years ago it looks as if these scammers are coming to Australia.

They sign you up to a subscription and charge you without you knowing, things like psychic readings  .

Optus has said that because they are a subscription service there is nothing that they can do. Apparently once they find your mobile number online, they send you a text offering services and unless you respond, they start charging you though Optus Call costs.

I just got charged $50 in one month!!!

I manage my accounts pretty closely and am not associated with any dodgy companies, so I know I definitely did not sign up for this, I am amazeed that Optus lets this go ahead without their customer's agreement with a third party.

Optus has put a complaint in with the company but BE AWARE these low lifes are out there

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Occasional Contributor Andym72
Occasional Contributor

Re: ifortune - Anyone Else been scammed?

Me too. $36 dollars this month, on a data only plan. 

Checkouu this clip from the ABC

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dqZ39YF0gcU

Optus will try and make you deal with the scammers, and not reverse the charges. 

I would suggest you complain to the TIO if Optus don't refund the charges.  Why should we have to deal with the scammers when there are literallay 100's of complaints and they are not being proactive.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @nicked, I get your concerns and understand how you feel. Looks like you have been subscribed to a premium service. If you’d like to chat to one of our team members now, please go here: http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Andym72, we can certainly help with your enquiry. ? We may need to have this investigated by the content provider. We can also restrict further charges for premium services on our end. Once that is done there won't be further charges. Please feel free to live chat with one of our agents here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us  and we can help. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Melbourne00
New Contributor

I also Got it for almost 30 dollars.I call up optus and they seen not able to help.This is really unfair.

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

Premium Services can be blocked via My Account to prevent future charges. For more info on how to do this, check out this link. We can also help you dispute these charges if you speak to us via Live Chat here.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jackmr
New Contributor

Just saw this charge for ifortune come up on my latest bill ($15), called Optus billing and they were very helpful... they've blocked the service and are going to refund the 2x $15 charges that made it through.

Top Contributors