Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

iPhone order

Hi, 

I placed an order for a new phone on Tuesday of last week. I got 4 emails on Friday telling me that my new phone and sim had been dispatched from the warehouse and would be with me soon. I cancelled my old contract yesterday, as I was told 2-3 business days for delivery over the phone on Friday morning. I just got 3 more emails this morning, telling me again that my new phone and sim had been dispatched from the warehouse and would be with me soon. After receiving these I went to the online chat to ask what was going on, as I have now had 7 of these emails in total and was still not able to track my order. I was told that these emails were a technical error and the phone is currently out of stock. I have already cancelled my contract with my old provider and my number has even been disconnected. I was told on Friday it would be here by around Wednesday, and I am now being told 2-3 weeks. I moved to Optus from Telstra (who I had been with for 7 years), and I am really regretting this decision already, this issue is not a good start to the network at all. I need a phone for work, and wondering if anybody else has had this issue or what any potential solutions are? Please help, I am really frustrated and annoyed at this whole situation. What are my options here? Can I cancel the contract as a whole, can I just at least get my sim so I have a usable phone, can I get a discount on the first month for the complete screw around? Experiences with this would be so helpful! 

1 Reply
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: iPhone order

Hey @scarlettletter - sorry for the miscommunication and the experience you have had with us. I can appreciate you signed up to us on the condition that the new handset would arrive within 2-3 business days. What handset did you order? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos