Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
HelpHelp
New Contributor
New Contributor

iPhone lost delivery

Does anyone on here have any solutions or way around this problem,

iPhone 12 Pro ordered in November in store and told delivery would be before Christmas.

Phone got shipped in Jan with a delivery expected on the 6th and lost in delivery. I have now been quoted the following options

- wait 1 more month for an investigation after which then have to wait again for a replacement phone
- change my number so they can order me a new phone on a different account which will take 3 weeks
- I am unable to port my number across from Optus to any other suppliers due to the pending order.
- if I go buy a phone outright from apple and they find my delivery I would be stuck with 2 phones

To myself none of these options given to me were suitable solutions was hoping someone on here could assist in a way around this or even out.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rob_YC

Re: iPhone lost delivery

Hey @HelpHelp. Sounds like a really frustrating situation there. Very sorry to hear about the trouble with that device and delivery there. 

We do raise a case with our couriers for all Lost in Transit devices so there is that possibility of this still being located, I completely understand the concern with organising another device while this was still ongoing or having to wait even more time for a resolution and a device you can use. 

We'd like to follow this up from our team so we can organise something in the meantime here while this investigation is ongoing. Please reach out to us through the Official Optus Facebook or Twitter and our team will follow up on this. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: iPhone lost delivery

It is a fairly unacceptable range of options. Optus will point out options that they prefer but that doesn't mean you don't have your own consumer rights.

At this stage you should simply cancel the order. If Optus find the phone then they're happy. If Optus have lost the phone then that's on them. Either way its been over a month since they said it would be delivered with no end in sight. You are entitled to cancel the order and walk away.

If they are unwilling to do that then tell them you will be making a TIO complaint and then do make a TIO complaint.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors