Searching...

Mobile

iPhone X

Brad55

Can I pre order the iPhone x for a plan?

Re: iPhone X

petergdownload

Like Here

Bear in mind there's possibly three million X phones being released on day one world wide (The US has 90 million iphone users)

You might have a wait until you get yours.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Brad55

I have pre ordered and I’m happy to wait but I’m just wondering how I trade my current iPhone 6s Plus in as I’ve picked that option?

Mike-N

Hi Brad55, 

If you're doing a 12 month upgrade you'll be sent a prepaid postage satchel with your new phone. You'll just need to put your existing phone in this satchel and send it back to us Smiley Happy

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Talos63

Hey Mike, live chat says you can’t do the handset trade-up online. You have to go in store. I managed to get an order in yesterday and received a temporary invoice this morning for the payout value of my contract. Spent over 2 hours in live chat and no further along. They are telling me to cancel the order and go in store. 

HELP!!!

Miles_R

Heya @Talos63 you can certainly trade up online. This is confirmed here. Once your new handset is delivered to you, you'll be sent a satchel to return your current phone back to us for inspection.

[ Edited ]
Talos63

I was told repeatedly on Saturday that it was not possible. I’ve had no choice but to let my preorder go as there was no way to make arrangements with the people I spoke to. 

Very disappointing. The only reason I took the plan I’m on was so I could trade up when Apple released the anniversary iPhone. 

How are your your customers supposed to conduct business with Optus when different departments tell you different things?!?

Miles_R

Can certainly understand the frustration that this confusion would've caused, @Talos63. This really isn't the type of experience that we'd like you to have at all. If you ever need anything clarified we're happy to do this for you here on our end.

Talos63

Tried that on Saturday while my temporary preorder was still current Miles.

It expired at 7am this morning. Nobody I spoke to on Saturday could do anything to help me. It was all about ‘inflexible systems’ and mixed messages. Support was adamant about NO online upgrading. 

I was told in no uncertain terms that I would need to go to a store to upgrade my handset and they couldn’t do anything about the PREorder (not backorder) that I already had. The subject line of that email order was “Congratulations! You are eligible for early upgrade.”

If this is how Optus treats a mobile customer of nearly 20 years, it doesn’t bode well for the future. 

Miles_R

Could you please PM us here with your temporary order number so that I can take a look for you, @Talos63?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
73 Kudos
51 Kudos