Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
TJ_123
New Contributor
New Contributor

iPhone 8 on the $59 promotional plan

In mid-December I placed an order online for a silver iPhone 8 on the $59 promotional plan.

I called Optus (1800 780 219) on 28 December 2017 to follow up the order. I spoke to a customer service representative who informed me that my order had not been processed, and that the phone was now out of stock. She told me that this had happened to a large number of people and that she could put me on a waitlist which would enable me to be placed on the $59 plan when the new shipment of phones were received. She was unable to provide me with a time when I could expect the phone but assured me that I would be contacted when the phones were available. This call lasted approximately 30mins.

I called Optus (1800 780 219) on 18 January 2018 date to follow up on the matter. I spoke to a customer service representative called Rhea. Rhea told me that she could not locate my details and that I could not place another order for the same phone and plan because the promotion had since ended. I explained my situation, and was told that there was nothing that could be done. As I’m sure you understand, I was quite frustrated at this point as it had been approximately 5 weeks from when I first placed my order. After approximately an hour on the phone, I asked to speak to a supervisor. At that point, Rhea decided to refer my case to another Optus team as she not thought that they may have my waitlisted details. I was told that they would contact me the following morning about the matter.  This call lasted 70mins with most of that time being spent on hold. Note that I had called earlier in the day to follow up the matter, but after being on hold for approximately 15mins had to return to work. I had also tried following up via Live Chat but was told that I would need to call as they could not help me over Chat.

I was not contacted the next day. I called Optus (1300 929 949) in the evening on 19 January 2018 and spoke to someone who told me that they were also not the right person to talk to and that they would forward my call to the right person. I was on hold for approximately 35mins at which point I hung up.

The total tine elapsed time since order was first placed online has been over 5 weeks and the total time spent on phone to Optus regarding the matter so far has been 2.5h. I am appalled at the poor level of customer service that I have received. I have never experienced worse. This is my final attempt at having the matter rectified by Optus prior to taking the matter to the Ombudsman. If someone from Optus could please contact me to help me rectify the matter, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: iPhone 8 on the $59 promotional plan

That's what they want: they want you to fight to be a customer.

Obviously they are doing something right, or you would go to Telstra.

0 Kudos