cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Katie1985
New Contributor

Re: iPhone 8 $59 Plan / iPhone 8 Plus $64 Plan 20GB Live Chat Scam ??

I haven’t heard of the $64 plan but if you are a new customer and can find a store with stock they should sign you up for the $59 deal. I was able to pick one up last night on the $59 plan

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Katie1985,

The $64.00 plan refers to the $59.00 promo + $5 handset repayment for the iPhone 8 Plus 64GB. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor EHL
New Contributor

This happened to me yesterday. I had asked on the live chat about the $59 iphone 8 deal and was told they were out of stock. When I asked if there was a waiting list I was told 'no.' I also asked when they would be getting more in and Fred said he had no information on that.

He offered me the $64 plan for the iphone 8 plus which I was going to purchase with the apple watch (which is also out of stock) but then he told me I couldn't keep my old number. When I told him that I needed to keep my number he suggested that I get the plan and give the new number to a family member. I had to press for more information and the breakdown was as follows:

$30 per month sim only plan with my existing phone

$64 per month for the iphone 8 plus with a new number

So $94 per month for a new number that I don't want and ultimately more expensive than other plans and other providers.

I feel that being an exisitng customer I was certainly not looked after. I would have thought Optus would have wanted to keep their exisitng customers and have them satisfied with their service. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Hey @EHL,

I can certainly see that this is frustrating, we did have the $59 offer available for new and existing customers.

Due to high demand and no longer having stock of the iPhone 8 we've opened up the iPhone 8 plus for new customers only.

Existing Prepaid customers can also take up the iPhone 8 plus offer.

I'll certainly pass your feedback on to our Marketing team about this offer.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Shar-nic
Occasional Contributor

I had the same experience  I was given an iphone 7 instead because the 8 was sold out and im paying 19 dollars handset fee.

😡

I would like that waived after the dramas I had to getvthe order finalised which was over 1 week 

0 Kudos
New Contributor fred-tang
New Contributor

i've signed up for the same plan but i went for Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Got my phone few days ago after receiving the text about the delay. Tried to activate my sim and there's an error and I called up Optus. The consultant said that the porting has expired and they will activate from their end. Waited for 2 days and I was still with Vodafone and I called up Optus asking why. Optus then told me that the deal was no more there and they could not activate the sim. They said I have 2 options whether to return the phone or wait for the deal to come back again. I explained to them that was not my fault that phone got delievered late and the consultant apologised and kept repeating the same options to me. Not sure if any of you faces the same situation. This is by far the worst experience I had with Optus.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@fred-tang, I'm more than happy to help out with this one.

Just for clarification, you'd signed up for the $59.00 promo offer with the Huawei Mate 10; you've now received the handset but your number hasn't actually come across to the Optus Network? 

You've then called up to confirm when your number will be coming across only to be told that the deal has now expired? 

If you've received the phone then the plan would've already been configured on the back end. We don't dispatch handsets without the rate plan having been configured for use. The port should go through once we've received a "goods issued" notification.

Can you send us a PM with your account details? I need your full name, DOB and mobile number → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors