Searching...

Mobile

iPhone 7 network upgrade error

Natrox

I have an iPhone 7

Since optus done the Network Upgrade on the 12th of July, I am unable to call or receive calls.  

I have changed my

sim card

called optus,they cant rectify the problem

reset network settings

Does anyone have any other suggestions that I can do plse?

Re: iPhone 7 network upgrade error

Davelew

Does your phone work when in a different location using a different tower?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Natrox

No it doesn't work in another location or tower. But it does work when I put another sim card in,also I can use data access, I messages txt messages. optus fixed that probem last night ,they have sent me a msge saying there is no network issue and am currently waiting for them to call me back

Davelew

I  presume the Sim card that works is for a different phone number. As you can't call or receive calls in a different location it wouldn't seem to be a network issue from the upgraded tower. If you have reset the network settings on your phone I can only think it most be a problem with your account settings which of course only Optus can fix.

Hopefully they will come back with a solution.

One last thing you could try is by putting the Sim card in someone else's phone, which is not locked to another carrier, and see if it works. This would at least prove it isn't your phone settings.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Natrox

No it's the same number. 

I just put my sim card in another unlocked phone and I still cannot call.

Davelew

My understanding you have a  Sim card which works, which is your phone number so that means that is the Sim card for your account.  The Sim card you say doesn't work wouldn't in these circumstances as it would have been deactivated as you can only have one active Sim card for your phone number.

So unless I am misunderstanding you there is not a problem.

Shauna

Hey @Natrox - Sounds like it could be a number of things 

Handset issue - if your phone isn't connecting to any towers then perhaps theres an issue with the antenna.

SIM Card issue - this would make more sense as you're saying that it's not working in another phone, however you mentioned this was replace and you're still experiencing issues.

Barring - you may have temp barring on your service, as you mentioned this is happening everywhere you go.

Network issue - maybe we have a couple of towers in your area currently experiencing a fault. 

Could you please PM me with your mobile number, full name, DOB and any fault reference numbers you may have? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
71 Kudos
69 Kudos
45 Kudos