Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Milzy1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Pre-order and Delivery

Yup. Ordered mine 2 days before you. Still no updates or news about it except they keep saying they haven’t got the delivery of it and are still waiting on it. Won’t even tell me how far back in the queue I am
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hey there @Milzy1, I recommend sending us a message via the My Optus App. That way we'll be able to verify your details and take a look at your order for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Milzy1
New Contributor
New Contributor

What’s the point though? I get the same answer every time. They can’t tell me when they are expecting delivery at all...!
0 Kudos
Ian-86
New Contributor
New Contributor

Pre ordered the gold 12 pro 128gb on the 18th October.. still nothing and nobody knows when stock is coming. Spoke to Optus chat > no information available, said to call store which I pre ordered. Went into store > no information available, said to call customer service. Called customer service > they did call the warehouse, but bottom line is they just don’t have stock and can’t tell you if and when they’ll get it in. If you ordered after 18 October I think you’ll be very lucky to receive before Christmas.
0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Hi @Ian-86, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry for the runaround that you've experienced. Your order would have been on Backorder Status when it was placed. 

Backorder means that we’re currently out of stock and delays are expected so we can’t give you a time frame for delivery. But, as you've placed your order you've secured your place in the order queue and we will notify you via SMS/email once it has been processed for delivery. We have a support article that goes into more detail. Rest assured, our Warehouse Team is working hard to allocate stock as soon as they can. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Milzy1
New Contributor
New Contributor

I could literally go online and order through Apple and pick up an iPhone 12 pro 128gb gold tomorrow. Should’ve just got it outright in the first place. Obviously they should change their “supplier”!
0 Kudos
SUPP
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,
Has anyone who ordered their iPhone 12 Pro 256gb in pacific blue received theirs yet? I ordered mine on 23rd Oct 2020 and it’s 11th Feb 2021 today (almost 16 weeks) and I haven’t received mine yet. I just keep getting told it will be “a few more week” or “it’s on back order” or “it’s been a very popular model” and it’s getting really annoying now.
Cheers
0 Kudos
Sarah_YC

Hi @SUPP,

We're sorry to hear about the difficulties with the delivery of your order.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd, hence, we'd request you to send a Private Message to Optus on Facebook or a Direct Message on Twitter with the details for further assistance. 

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The lack of communication from Optus when things go wrong is one of the areas Optus could (and should) easily improve. People reasonably expect orders to be fulfilled in a reasonable time frame. When its becoming a matter of months Optus should be proactively contacting customers. It should be made as clear as possible the ETA now expected and a proactive offer to cancel the order explicitly offered.

For SUPP, I'd consider just cancelling the order. You are quite entitled to. Apple are selling that phone for $1700. They can have a 24 month instalment plan. You can join that phone to an Optus (or any other Telco) plan.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors