cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

iPhone 12 Pro Pre-order and Delivery

I pre-ordered the iPhone 12 Pro Pacific Blue on the 16th Oct at 11:00 PM and was emailed a Temporary Order Number at around 11:05 PM. I have preordered at least 5-6 times before and I have always received the phone on the launch day (otherwise what's the point of preorder?)

Now I have questions:

As soon as I preorder and I receive a Temp Order number, should I not be allocated a phone? (unless I did not go through with it?) Speaking to many Optus reps, no one has any idea where my order is and when will I be getting it. Also, they sort of indicate that I may be on backorder but surely that can't be right? Not even Oct 29, Nov 3 or Nov 10 delivery?

I would not have been so anxious (not excited) if the current phone I am using was playing up every now and then and most likely dying by the end of this month. If I was not to receive my phone from Optus on the 23rd Oct, I would have bought it outright from Apple. But Optus cannot give me a date and Apple will not hold the units for me and are likely to sell out by 23rd as well.

Would anybody from Optus (potentially someone with a computer) shed some light on this?

Tags (3)
25 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Pre-order and Delivery

Optus are 100% opaque when it comes to pre orders. No one knows where your phone is. No one knows when it will arrive. No one knows if they even have any in stock. Unfortunately you'll only find this out after you hit buy and something goes wrong.

So the short answer is it will arrive when it arrives. The slightly longer answer is next time get the phone from the Apple Website. They have 24 month interest free terms and there's no benefit getting it from Optus. Pick a plan (including Optus) to suit.
Highlighted

Hi @Robin88

I can see you posted the same question on one of our other posts. I've replied to you there with a little further information.

You should have been provided information when you placed the order, whether it delivered from a certain date or if it was on Raincheck or Backorder.

As this is specific to your order details, I'd suggest getting in touch with us and we can try and provide you with the most accurate information.

I'd suggest sending us a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter and we'd be happy to provide you with further information. George

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks George

I have spoken to 3 different reps from 2 divisions within sales but there is no answer. I doubt if anyone would be able to give me a date or a Yes/No question.

I guess I will know through texts and updates by tonight or early tomorrow if I am indeed receiving my order. If not, I am not willing to commit to a new contract, specially if I am not getting my phone within a week or so.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I know! This happens every time I place my order with Optus. Unlike in the US, we don't even get discounted prices if we go on a plan here. Its already $300-400 AUD pricier than the US (after $$ conversion).

Ive said it before, being a telecommunications company, communication is one thing you expect them to nail. But every time you call Optus, you have to tell your whole life story again. There are no files, no markers, minimum notes on the account. SHAMBLES!

I think your advice of going to apple and getting one and going on a BYO plan is much cheaper and comes with a much superior customer service/certainty.

Since Optus Sport is now a standalone product, I have no hesitation on switching telcos. Specially that Vodafone are usually cheaper and Telstra is now relatively more competitive.

Not asking for anything more than what I deserve to know.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

yeah i pre ordered the night of as well, and im not to hopeful i'll see it next week even though my email said 'delivers from 23rd oct' when i checked tracking through the app it said it hasn't even left the warehouse yet and that could be due to stock.. So who knows. I've never pre ordered a device before from optus, My last phone i did get on contract was completely fine, pre orders seem to be a waste of time i guess.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

And especially when i saw on social media someone already got there iphone 12 pro today.. so who knows heh
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Morning @Robin88, we appreciate you contributing to this forum and apologise for any frustration caused.

If you still would like us to take a closer look at your order, for privacy reasons we ask that you message us via our 24/7 Messaging Service or via a Private Message on our Official Facebook or Twitter page. 

This way, we will be able to investigate your order and answer any account-related questions that you may have. Rest assured, through this process we'll be able to review any notes left on your account so that you don't have to give us a full rundown again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Mia88, thank you for placing a pre-order with us. Due to high demand, we may have run out of stock quickly. When this happens, there may be a delay in your delivery due to stock constraints. Please know that our Warehouse Team are working hard to allocate stock to orders as soon as they can. You should receive ongoing updates via SMS/email as your order progresses. See our Delivers and Orders Support Page for more info.

If you would like us to investigate your order specifically, for privacy reasons, we would appreciate it if you could message us via our 24/7 Messaging Service or via a Private Message on our Official Facebook or Twitter page.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well see I pre ordered the night it come out right on 11:06pm, so that’s pretty much right on and my email said delivers from 23rd October so I’m not sure how there could be no stock allocated now for people who pre ordered the night of, I’m a bit confused about that really.
Top Contributors