cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

iPhone 12 Pro Max pre order

Hi everyone,

I went into an Optus store on the 7th and pre ordered a i12PM.

On the website whilst I was making the preorder it advised that deliveries will be from the 13th of November. I asked the rep in store if that means I got in early before all the back log he said yes. I would be one of the first lot to get the iPhone around the 13th.

A few minutes later another rep jumped into our conversation and said “no it’s a 2-3 week wait” myself and my rep were confused and went on the website. He said it’s still saying delivers from 13th. He just shook the other rep off.

Now I’m worried. The last thing I wanna do is pre order and then be stuck waiting over a month.

Please also don’t tell me to just get one from the Apple store next time. Unfortunately I can’t afford to pay almost $2,000 outright.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max pre order

I ordered in store in the morning of Saturday and was told up to 3 weeks then (they had a spreadsheet of delivery time frames)
It all depends on Apple delivering devices to Optus.
Its very hard to tell when delivery will be until you get an update if you check your order and it shows dispatched.

Also note - Optus now shows delivering from the 16th not 13th so perhaps their was a further delay.
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am really hoping that it’s before 3 weeks because at the end of the month I’m back in the office working and it’s being delivered to my home. Ahh.
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus have transparency issues with pre-orders. Been a many posts with people doing so (pre-ordering or ordering and being told stock is available) and then finding there on 'back order' somehow.

I would indeed suggest you just get the phone at Apple themselves. They have a 24 month interest free payment plan and you can then hook the phone up to any other plan that you wish (Optus included). This can save you considerably depending on your data needs. For example a Boost prepaid 12 month SIM will get you 25Gb a month for $20 - For a post paid plan you'd be starting around $60 for that.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

It may be interest "free" via apple but it's actually a credit card from GE finance along with a monthly admin fee of 10-20$ a month - always read the fine print.

Also Apple website has deliveries for pro max from 25/11 so it's not like Apple has stock either.
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Always read the fine print. - That's a given 🐵

From what I can see (and I didn't look too hard) its only $5 a month (over 24 months) but if you pay the amount of early (so perhaps over 12 months) then the $5 fee no longer applies. So $60-$120 in fees over two years. If you take up the $25 a month plan instead of the $60 plan then you're ahead after a couple of months.

https://www.apple.com/au/financing/calculator/index4.html

Apple not having stock till then might change things for the OP. I'm getting the distinct impression overseas electronic supply chains are not at their usual level these days.

0 Kudos