cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

iPhone 12 Pro Max Pre-Order & Delivery

I've got a question about the pre-order for the iPhone 12 Pro Max...

I was there refreshing the page waiting to get my pre order in about 11:59 PM on Friday 6th. I am very excited to get this phone.

By Saturday 7th @ 12:05 am I had my pre-order confirmed, only 5 minutes after pre-order was available.

Delivery date is advertised as the 13th.

When checking my order nothing is confirmed and I only have a temporary order number. It's been 2 business days and nothing.

Live chat has support given me no solid information other than my handset hasn't been allocated yet and it is not going to be the 13th for delivery.

What's the point of pre-ordering and getting in within the first 5 minutes to be put on back-order.

Is this just a generally accepted ethos that Optus can't organise themselves enough to deliver on advertised dates? First time with Optus and I have a feeling it will be the last, back to Telstra for me.

Has anyone else experienced this so far?

0 Kudos
16 Replies

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max Pre-Order & Delivery

Hi @AJL95 it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues with your iPhone order.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey @AJL95 I've run into a similar thing but worse.

My order went through 2 minutes after the preorder window opened, got the same call on Saturday to confirm my details + order. Same thing about no tracking information.

Yesterday I then checked my order via the app, and the status changed to 'To be cancelled'. Immediately messaged live chat to enquire and they told me that it was getting cancelled due to an incomplete order?? I literally followed the online process + they even confirmed my details and order with me!

Live chat said they couldn't fix the order so they had to cancel that one and order it in again... So now I'm back in the queue and the handset is on backorder. Probably wont get it for another month despite pre-ordering immediately.

What a joke. There is something seriously wrong with Optus' process here.

0 Kudos

Thanks for letting us know about this @smangio. It's very strange to see your order went into the 'To be cancelled' status. This would usually only happen if you had requested it to be cancelled or if there was an error submitting the order. 

If you do still require any further assistance with your individual order, I suggest sending us a message through our Facebook or Twitter pages. Our Social Media team would then be able to confirm your order details and help out from there. Jack

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yeah @Jack_YC, definitely super odd since the last contact I had with Optus was for them calling me on the Saturday to confirm the order.

Interesting that you mention the social media team, though I have a sneaking suspicion that they can't do anything live chat can't already. Have already spoken to 3 live chat experts across different teams and judging from their responses it seems like I just have to roll over and accept the situation.

0 Kudos

I'm unable to clarify further details without seeing your individual order @smangio. Please feel free to reach out to the Social Media team by following the links provided above. 

0 Kudos

@AJL95 just checking in. Have you received your iPhone 12 Pro Max order as of yet?

New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes I did! It wasn't until about 6:30 PM but it did come in the end.

I never got any information from startrack though I had to find that myself, the last email I got it when it was 'ready for shipping' but that's a minor inconvenience in the end.

0 Kudos

That's great to hear @AJL95 !. I hope you are enjoying your new device. Always feel free to reach out to us again if you have any other questions or concerns 🙂 

New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, the same. No communication at all. I didn't order straight away, two days later. It has been over two weeks with no communication- still have temporary order number! Rang Optus and got told to sit and wait! 

Ready to go elsewhere- if i find it available elsewhere I will buy it outright! I understand there is limited stock, however Optus your business is communication...so communicate with your customers! You say you will, but you don't! Not good enough.

0 Kudos