Searching...

Mobile

iPad Pro 3 customer service lie

Carolina0301

I am so upset with Optus right now. I order the iPad Pro 3 on the 24 Nov website was showing that product was available and the sales guy told me that delivery was going to take 3 to 5 days.  On Friday 30 I got in touch with Optus because I did hear anything from them and when I was tracking the system was showing status submitted.  The customer service told me that the iPads were going to reach the warehouse that afternoon and that the next day was going to be dispatch. I check on Monday the tracking it was showing the same and yesterday 7 Dec I got in touch again and the customer service person told me that the iPads are back order, I told him that I had a copy of my transcript were the other guy was saying that they were going to be dispatch the 1 Dec. Looks like Optus don’t care about giving customer false information. Below is the transcript.

INT-va1appis12-1543534845915-161843

Auto-Generated Message (10:45:35 AEST) : Hi, this is Diesel from the broadband and nbn onboarding team, welcome to Optus LiveChat.
Auto-Generated Message (10:45:37 AEST) : Solution Type: "UDE Chat"
Diesel (10:45:44 AEST) : Hello. Good morning. Smiley Happy
Visitor (10:46:20 AEST) : Hi Diesel, I think I got the wrong area, I want to check the order of 2 iPads
Diesel (10:46:43 AEST) : Sure, let me get you connected to the relevant team. 
Diesel (10:46:44 AEST) : Before I can proceed, could you please fill in the pop up?
Diesel (10:46:47 AEST) : /f custinfo
Auto-Generated Message (10:47:30 AEST) :
NameCarolina
LastnameXxxxxx
DateXxxxxx
MonthXxxxx
YearXXX
idtypePhone number
Phone_numberXxxxx

Visitor (10:48:00 AEST) : xxxxxx
Visitor (10:48:21 AEST) : That’s the order confirmation number
Diesel (10:48:23 AEST) : Thank you. Smiley Happy
Diesel (10:49:01 AEST) : Let me get you connected now. 
Visitor (10:49:20 AEST) : Okay thank you
Diesel (10:49:41 AEST) : You are welcome. 
Info (10:50:14 AEST) : Diesel has transferred this interaction.
Info (10:51:35 AEST) : The interaction has been transferred to Viz
Auto-Generated Message (10:51:37 AEST) : Solution Type: "UDE Chat"
Visitor (10:51:58 AEST) : Hi Viz
Visitor (10:52:31 AEST) : Just want to check my order, when I click track it say order not found
Viz (10:52:31 AEST) : Please allow me a moment to read your previous chat.
Viz (10:53:30 AEST) : I will surely help you with that. Please stay online.
Visitor (10:53:47 AEST) : Okay thank you
Viz (10:54:44 AEST) : You are most welcome
Viz (10:56:23 AEST) : I can see 2 orders on your account\
Visitor (10:56:32 AEST) : Yes
Visitor (10:57:19 AEST) : They are not coming up when I click the link
Viz (10:57:39 AEST) : I understand that. It is because they are fresh orders.
Visitor (10:58:16 AEST) : How long does it take to show up
Visitor (10:58:22 AEST) : It’s almost a week
Viz (10:59:03 AEST) : Sorry to hear that, these products are high in demand and sometimes the delay happens.
Viz (10:59:48 AEST) : The order will reach the warehouse by today and will be ready for shipment by end of tomorrow. 
Viz (11:00:03 AEST) : You will be able to track the order from day after.

Re: iPad Pro 3 customer service lie

SnakePlissken

So you're complaining you're getting something a week or two later? 1st world problems recognised...

Highlighted

PCrowy

Don't speak too soon SnakePlisscan, she still hasn't got it. 

I am in the same boat but i ordered an S8+ on 11th November and still havn't got it. I don't even have an expected date either.

Some people might be buying things for their kids christmas presents and ordering it 2 months in advance you would think a billion dollar company would be able to deliver on their promises. Sorry kids Santa didn't come this year.

Carolina, there are some mods on this forum who might be able to get some true information from the warehouse. They will be back on Monday. Good luck.

SnakePlissken

Sorry but an Apple product has issues like this, Aalso the S8+ is in high demand, it's both your fault for not buying from a bricks and mortar store, you know, where real stock exists?

Don't go blaming an online company for your laziness...

Dan_C

There's a few threads on the same topic, we might need to consolidate all of these to alleviate any confusion.

We did run out of stock quite early on. I'm afraid there was a slight delay in updating current stock levels online.

The iPad Pro 3 is still on backorder. When it comes to Apple stock, we'll usually quote a time-frame of 3-5 weeks. 

Unfortunately, we're not given a set-in stone date by Apple. 

If there are any other questions, please shout out. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Carolina0301

the reason why i decided to complaint about this is why lie to your customers? if you know that you have no stock why tell the customer that the product was going to leave the warehouse the next day.  You can't treat your customers like that, Optus is a big dissapointment in this area.  

Dan_C

I completely agree with you. At no stage should we ever intentionally deceive customers.

I can't really say that they've lied to you. There could be a knowledge gap, they may have been getting their information from an outdated stock report - it's really difficult to tell without investigating further. 

There's no incentive for this team to lie in order to make a sale.

I've emailed our Live Chat management team with the chat transcript that's been posted here.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

SnakePlissken

Dan if I may chime in, perhaps to an audit of transcripts, or approriate training for online assist.

PCrowy

So even though there are online deals for $55 as opposed to $70 in store, we should all just take the epensive deals to prove we aren't "lazy"? not helpful mate

Dan_C

We do have dedicated team members who work in quality assurance for our Live Chat team.

Audits are carried out on a daily basis.

I sit right by the Live Chat management team and I'll always send these sorts of things their way. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
130 Kudos
125 Kudos
100 Kudos
82 Kudos
56 Kudos